Abandoned project. Content removed

axisusaxisus Frets: 28284
edited October 2017 in Making & Modding
Went wrong several times. Got disheartened with it. Project abandoned but bits being recycled.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So, just a modest spec, then  ;)  

I like all of the above VERY much.  I, for one, WILL be following the blog (or why not copy and paste here? Hint,hint)

Pop corn  by the side, easy armchair ready :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4975
    I love the idea of Chinese number inlays on the fretboard.  Good luck with the build.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• 4xv4xv Frets: 49
    Be interested to see this come to life, I too am about to embark on a second scratch build having learnt lessons from the first build I'm hoping the second be a vast improvement. Where did you get the sustainiac from btw always fancied putting one on a build.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28284
    4xv said:
    Be interested to see this come to life, I too am about to embark on a second scratch build having learnt lessons from the first build I'm hoping the second be a vast improvement. Where did you get the sustainiac from btw always fancied putting one on a build.
    From our pal Jonathan at Feline. Darned expensive!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11540
    tFB Trader
    Yes - the fall in value of the £ against the $$ has made certain imports cost so much more.
    In fact I've held off replenishing a couple of imported lines hoping that the £ may get some value back  via Trump's actions affecting American confidence.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Cool guitar - cool blog - good luck!
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Looks awesome!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

UPDATE: I have just found out something interesting! I can copy the blog info and stick it straight in here and it seems to retain picture links! This is waaaaaay less hassle than loading pix on a sharing site, copying individual URLs and sticking them into the posts. In the light of that (assuming that it does work) I will just stick blog posts straight into the thread.
    edited October 2017

I have also been working on the wiring, which has proved to be something of a headache as I have no knowledge of the logic of wiring. The diagram that I have created is basically joining up the Sustainiac info with the Fishman powerchip and then adding in a 9-pin jack. I think I have arrived at a working diagram but it won't be put together and tested for some time yet. Many thanks to @ICBM for helpful input.