Aas

beautifully clean which is exactly what I was after, came with a popping and crackling issue so I unplugged the reverb unit and plugged it back in aswell as the speaker wire and fingers xxxd all its good, it was from Richtone Music who have said it can be collected for full refund should I wish, but hopefully issue is fixed.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• well I have spent the weekend playing alot and I must say this amp is one of the best music gear purchases I have ever made, I even like the dirt channel but the clean channel is absolutely amazingly stupendously WOW..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Very nice.    
    Years since I tried one of these but I thought it was all valve until I was corrected.    They should have been the amp that let trace crossover into guitar gear - never quite understood why guitarists didn't snap them up.  
    Enjoy :-)
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    About bloody time, wait, I read your title wrong.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I toured with the head version until it died (400+ gigs and rehearsals) one of the best sounding solid state amps ever
  • John_P said:
    They should have been the amp that let trace crossover into guitar gear - never quite understood why guitarists didn't snap them up.  

I was young and broke then (as opposed to old and broke now) but I remember thinking they were pretty cool looking amps.

The one I really lusted after was the Velocette Twin though- 2x10" 30W EL84 with STEREO poweramps and a stereo effects loop return. When Gibson bought out Trace, the Velocette Twin resurfaced as the Gibson Goldtone GA30RVS (with 12" speakers). I still want one, but they're both pretty rare and increasingly pricey amps.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I had a Super Tramp Tube.

Despite a so called reliability issue with them (I never did and it's still being used today some 20 years later) I thought it sounded fantastic.

Still do in fact :)