Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Fretboard banner

What's Hot

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    DLM said:
    miserneil said:
    Why don't you see if you can come up with something more presentable then?

My goodness, that old chestnut, seriously?

"Yngwie Malmsteen is shit!"

"I suppose you can shred faster, then?"

"Laura Cox is sooo ugly, wouldn't touch her with yours, mate!"

"So you're married to a supermodel?"

ICBM said:
    How about something that's a better play on 'Fretboard'? It occured to me that Fretboard has nine letters, which is the same as the traditional number of position markers on a guitar fretboard…

Wicked! :sunglasses:

So, Becker:

http://www.guitars.ru/05/ax/becker.jpg

Or Tufnel?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/sZIAAOSwx-9WyRgA/s-l1600.jpg

Two of my favourite guitars ever.

@DLM No old chestnuts here chum. ICBM has taken a serious dislike to it and raised several points about it so it was simply a question to see if he could/wanted to come up with something more appropriate/pleasing to all. Seems like that won't be necessary anyway so let's all take a breath. It's a logo on an Internet forum.....
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5459
    I'm not that taken with the new logo/header either. It is slightly improved by scrolling right and losing the square guitar icon.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2374

With that said, I'm (personally) not totally averse to @JezWynd's idea of using the box on the side as the icon only and removing it from the header. We'll probably have a chat about that behind the curtain.
    That in my opinion would be a huge improvement, makes the site look cleaner somehow

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Ta, @PVO_Dave - we'll convene a committee ;)
    <space for hire>
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Thing is  - it takes up too much screen real estate and is an issue on a laptop  - which are already now compromised cos everyone codes webs for bloody mobile users...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    57Deluxe said:
    Thing is  - it takes up too much screen real estate and is an issue on a laptop  - which are already now compromised cos everyone codes webs for bloody mobile users...
    You've actually got more vertical space than before. We've removed a whole bar from the old one (about 30px - the navigation and search bar has been merged into the breadcrumb bar), and the banner itself is slightly smaller (about 8px).
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    57Deluxe said:
    Thing is  - it takes up too much screen real estate
    Actually, it takes up no more space than the previous logo, but also gives us some unused space that can be used for other things (watch this - or that! - space)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    On my setup (W7 Chrome and Mozzila) every page turn scrolls up to the top of the page and I have to keep adjusting down...?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • 57Deluxe said:
    On my setup (W7 Chrome and Mozzila) every page turn scrolls up to the top of the page and I have to keep adjusting down...?
    What do you mean by "every page turn"?
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Looks loads better and cleaner than the old. Only thing I would do now is banish the remaining purple from the "New Discussion" and page numbers top and bottom.
    /\ click back and forth to a new 'page'
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Well, that's always been the case. It means your browser loading another HTML page from the server, which means it always loads at the top.
    <space for hire>
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I like it.  I think it looks better.
  • Rather than black backgrounds could we do an Excel style stealth mode : )
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

I don't mind it. Look better without the box though. Could do with having a Bigsby added. ;-)

Or the fretboard made wider for those of us with larger hands.

Or a tasteful relic job.

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Also...I've been wondering if we should bring the brightness down on the background. It would be a fair bit of work, given that there are a lot of faded greys in the design, so everything would need darkening a bit. I might even look into the possibility of having an alternate "night time" theme which you could choose in your profile, but I haven't got the first clue how to do that yet.
    I'd vote for a night time mode... some of my favourite looking forums are darker (the old Republic of Gamers forum was very nice indeed...) the YouTube live night time looks nice... Discord dark...

White is classic but I've grown to like the more muted greys and blacks...

Of course my vote is meaningless in the grand scheme of things ... especially if the forum doesn't directly support themes :) 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I like it better than the old one. Big thumbs up.
  • Myranda said:
    Also...I've been wondering if we should bring the brightness down on the background. It would be a fair bit of work, given that there are a lot of faded greys in the design, so everything would need darkening a bit. I might even look into the possibility of having an alternate "night time" theme which you could choose in your profile, but I haven't got the first clue how to do that yet.
    I'd vote for a night time mode... some of my favourite looking forums are darker (the old Republic of Gamers forum was very nice indeed...) the YouTube live night time looks nice... Discord dark...

White is classic but I've grown to like the more muted greys and blacks...

Of course my vote is meaningless in the grand scheme of things ... especially if the forum doesn't directly support themes :) 
    It does support themes, but there isn't a decent night-time version of this one. It's not a problem - I'll just adjust all the colours myself to taste. The bigger problem is implementing theme changes, because "obtuse" doesn't even begin to describe the code behind the scenes.

What I may even do is include an optional profile setting so that it becomes automatic and switches to the night theme at 7pm or something.
    <space for hire>
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738

I don't want to be a banner moaner (Bamoaner?) but a guitar in the box on the left and a guitar sitting on top of the word Fretboard?

I know you can't have too many guitars... but it's too many guitars.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom