Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Show purchases ?

What's Hot
Is the Brum Guitar Show mainly demonstration stuff (to try out) or shop stuff (to buy)? I'll be along on the Saturday and I'm wondering if I should take a wedge of cash with me - which I'll only do if there are likely to be bargains on the day. Probably not a new Guitar but items such as Practice Amps and Pedals which I have my eye on.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    No it's all for sale.

Take the wedge and abandon all hope.
    :)
    (Keep receipts to show at the door if asked)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader

Ernie Ball were doing 3 sets of any gauge strings for a tenner last time (and some free EB beer matts :) )

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rabs said:

Ernie Ball were doing 3 sets of any gauge strings for a tenner last time (and some free EB beer matts :) )

Wow - that means you could have dead sounding strings on 3 consecutive days for only £10!
    18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

won't happen this year - cost of strings with exchange rate has gone up post Brexit etc - more like 3 for £15 - still cheaper than regular web deals
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Steve922 said:
    Is the Brum Guitar Show mainly demonstration stuff (to try out) or shop stuff (to buy)? I'll be along on the Saturday and I'm wondering if I should take a wedge of cash with me - which I'll only do if there are likely to be bargains on the day. Probably not a new Guitar but items such as Practice Amps and Pedals which I have my eye on.
    The show is a mixture of both but pretty much everything will be for sale, most tend to not advertisie the prices in advance because an non exhibiting company will try and match them to nick a few sales without any of the effort of coming to the show.

There will be loads of practice amps and pedals at the show. Bring a wedge, you spending keeps the exhibitors coming back, which means that the show continues, and I get to not have a real job for another 12 months :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Nothing, but I stole about 50 of @ThorpyFX pics.

The quartermaster was struggling to reconcile the inventory.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:

don't worry, the pick bowl is going to be booby trapped this year, you'll end up with stumps instead :)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:

Why would you want 50 pictures of @ThorpyFX. I mean, he's a fine looking chap, but surely 50 is overkill even for a collector like you ;-)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ThorpyFX said:
    Gassage said:

don't worry, the pick bowl is going to be booby trapped this year, you'll end up with stumps instead :)
    it's still a raw wound...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:

Why would you want 50 pictures of @ThorpyFX. I mean, he's a fine looking chap, but surely 50 is overkill even for a collector like you ;-)

I'm swapping them for a Mrs T signature soldering iron.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

I'm swapping them for a Mrs T signature soldering iron.
    Surely you mean a plane, fool ?
    :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So, are there good prices to be had at the show? I tend to be a big fan of buying most new (non-music) stuff from Amazon because of their excellent after-sales service.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Steve922 said:
    So, are there good prices to be had at the show? I tend to be a big fan of buying most new (non-music) stuff from Amazon because of their excellent after-sales service.
    Yes, very good deals usually. You will be buying from PMT, FairDeal Music, GuitarGuitar, Guitars4you and The Little Guitar Shop mainly, some of the smaller companies will selll direct
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    There is plenty to buy. It cost me rather a lot last year on just one item but I don't regret it for a second.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Got my PRS 513 at the show 2 years ago.....good deal and very nice people I have to say .

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • I'm going to be circling the @ThorpyFX booth on Sunday - hopefully I can pick up a nice multi stand too for my guitar lair. There might be something I don't even know about yet that may put pay to my marriage :warning: 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

tFB Trader
     There might be something I don't even know about yet that may put pay to my marriage :warning: 
    not sure it is that type of show and not sure if she'll be even there
    tFB Trader
    I have a good customer in the Bristol area who always visits and nearly always buys something - last year he didn't buy - got back home from the show and his wife, 1/2 expecting him to have purchased a guitar was surprised and queried the fact that he purchased no guitar - However on his way home he had stopped at a Lotus dealership and purchased a car
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    Does any trading in/part exchanging go on? Could bring a guitar I'm looking to move on with me incase something really catches my eye.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    jakzek said:
    Does any trading in/part exchanging go on? Could bring a guitar I'm looking to move on with me incase something really catches my eye.
    Jason (show organiser) might update you on this - But as far as I'm concerned and other dealers/exhibitors, then I don't see any issues - You'll need to check it in on arrival, so they know it is yours when you leave with it (assuming you you don't deal it)