Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Show purchases ?

What's Hot

Comments

• I got an Ibanez Jake Bowen (I think that's his name). Just really liked the look of it. A lot of nice guitars there though, and if one of those Ormsby things had been on sale, I'd have got it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Unsurprisingly, there was very little there for me, although it was a really good day. :)

The only things which buttered my parsnips were:

*'70's Sunburst Antoria LP Custom on the PMT stand.

*Bargain-priced Yamaha SG1820A at the same place - £629.

*Neck-repaired White early '70's John Birch SG on the Little Guitar Shop stand (a bit OTT at £900 though).

Errr...that's it. Finding myself fiscally embarrassed until payday, none of the above came home with me. :(

Total money spent was the entrance fee, a rather nice chicken balti and a coffee.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Unsurprisingly, there was very little there for me, although it was a really good day. :)

*Neck-repaired White early '70's John Birch SG on the Little Guitar Shop stand (a bit OTT at £900 though).

Errr...that's it. Finding myself fiscally embarrassed until payday, none of the above came home with me. :(

Total money spent was the entrance fee, a rather nice chicken balti and a coffee.
    *whispers* kiss bass... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Unsurprisingly, there was very little there for me, although it was a really good day. :)

Dont panic Tiger !....Im on the case for Ya!

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204

*cough*

I'll PM you at some point ...
  • fandango said:
    *cough*

I'll PM you at some point ...

Please do! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• I should add that I also played @fandango 's Rees guitar, which was very nice indeed. :)

• A Blackstar ID-Core 10, a Boss RC1 pedal, a cheapo Guitar stand and  5 sets of D'darrio EXL-120s from Guitars4you - which I don't need at all but hey, for that price...  :-)

The favourite Guitar I tried was a 'Les Paul' on the PRS stand - I think it was a SE 85  marked at £750 but offered at £600. That was very difficult to resist taking home, especially since I had the cash in my pocket at the time!

Thoroughly enjoyed the show, can't wait for the next one.  :-)

• Spent some money, but actually brought nothing home with me. Ordered a Neunaber Immerse, as the ones the Distributer brought to the Show disappeared very rapidly. I'll still get it at the Show price - should be in my hands sometime this coming week.

Had a discussion with Heistercamp, as I wanted to get one of their Guitar Straps modified to take a Smooth Hound transmitter. I picked out a nicely grained padded Strap, and left my Smooth Hound with them, so that they can fit it and send it to me.

Had a chat with Chris (Mr.Rift) as I bough a couple of his Amps last year in the Classifieds here. He has a rather nice TV fronted little Tweed Amp on the stand. Might be tempted someday!!

Had a little play on a couple of lovely hand made Acoustics upstairs - Turnstone Guitars made by Rosie Heydenrych. The one with a Redwood Top not only looked really good, but sounded beautiful as well.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    I've put a few pics in a Facebook album (will add some more tomorrow)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155083436694809.1073741838.628779808&type=1&l=c0e7f3eab8

Red ones are better. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8019
    edited February 2017

Yamaha SG1820A mystery solved...

As it did seem to be too good to be true, I thought a little laterally and decided to check (what I thought must be a stock number) on the PMT website.

Turns out I was right....

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=146696

146696 actually resolves as a Yamaha Revstar RS620 in Burnt Charcoal.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/yamaha-revstar-rs620-electric-guitar-burnt-charcoal

So...swapped price tickets? Mis-labelled?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Had a good day out with @CasperCaster. Nice chats with the guys on the Fretboard stand, Mark @guitars4you,the guys on the Gartone & Rift stands. 
    Found out I need a @ThorpyFX Warthog.
    Played a couple of lovely PRS guitars, but the real highlight was a quick twang on Mr Horsepower on the EBMM stand.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited February 2017
    Great day out, other than the infernal noise.

Dang, I missed Mary Spender on the live stage, only catching her last number. Drifted out of the live stage area with Robert Plant, but since he's not a guitar god, I let the opportunity slip to show myself up. Sorry that you didn't get the adulation from me, Robert, but I was there for the guitars. I hope you understand. Another time, eh?

I should say there's a great community within TFB, and had the pleasure of chatting with a number of esteemed Fretboarders.

I was mildly surprised by a Musicman Sterling S.U.B. as one of the pick-up demos. For £170 it was almost worth a punt. There are/were also some interesting guitar deals, esp from PMT, but nothing that got my wallet out. I discovered a Fender Mustang modelling amp on the Fender stand gave a great rendition of a '65 Twin Reverb. I was also very impressed with the new Line 6 Spider V60. Mmmm ... I think a clearout is on the books.
  • The show was great as always

Definitely a bigger turnout than the last couple of years. I've never seen the car parking that busy

I didn't buy anything though I was close to pulling the trigger on a 1980 Gold top Tokai les Paul but it didn't have binding which was a deal breaker for me. A shame as it was a birth year guitar 

Only thing that I found unprofessional was on the Laney/Ibanez stand where 3 well known YouTube 'personalities' were more interested in showing off to their mates and fret wanking instead of demonstrating the gear they're presumably being paid to do.

They clearly had themselves down as celebrities stroking each other's egos. I wasn't the only one to walk away with a few others passing comment as there moved on

The line 6 guys great as always and Alex demonstrating on the Boss/Roland stand is a great guy to talk to 

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926

Yamaha SG1820A mystery solved...

As it did seem to be too good to be true, I thought a little laterally and decided to check (what I thought must be a stock number) on the PMT website.

Turns out I was right....

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=146696

146696 actually resolves as a Yamaha Revstar RS620 in Burnt Charcoal.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/yamaha-revstar-rs620-electric-guitar-burnt-charcoal

So...swapped price tickets? Mis-labelled?
    Was gonna say!! I would of taken it there and then if it was true, even though the 1820A is kinda ugly.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Lebarque said:
    What happens on the Fretboard stand? Will @Gassage be displaying his rack? 
    He'll be signing autographs - well actually making Dymo labels with his name on and handing them out....
    Lol - I really want a Dymo tape with "(once was) property of @Gassage" on......
    I don't think Dymo have enough label supplies in the uk for that do they?!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had my ears done by ECS - the gunge going in was heavenly when it took all the noise away. Took advantage of @guitars4you  string deals also.

Very nice to see the Fretboard stand so full of punters too. Still trying to resist the @thorpyFX stand. Aaarrrgghhh. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Well, had a couple of hours there, thought it was too busy and noisy to try anything properly, but it was nice to say hi to @ttony and now have GAS for a lovely HJ Williams goldtop, and a Rift tweed amp
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    I went today too. Glad I went on Sunday, because it got quieter as the day went on. I imagine Saturday was rammed. My highlights were @RiftAmps TV front tweed deluxe, Gartone amps and a Tokai Japanese 335-style guitar - better than any Gibbo I've tried recently. I also enjoyed all the Fender American Professional guitars - the specs are spot on, but they did still feel a bit clinical and mass-produced for me. I had a go on a Helix for the first time, which confirmed that I'm still a valve amp and pedals man.
    So I'm now gassing for a tweed and a 335 even more than before!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14037
    tFB Trader
    surprised no one went for that red USA late 70's Strat on the PMT stand - had mods and changes but £699 asking price
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom