Today's Ebay idiot. '1965' Rose Morris-era AC30.

What's Hot
DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
I thought I'd do this guy a favour and (extremely politely) inform him that his amp was an 80's Rose Morris amp, showed him why and sent him a link to the Vox Showroom website.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vox-ac30-1965-top-boost-amp-/222417019044

And cue the rant....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Please post the rant! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    We're waiting..!
     ;) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    I've just messaged him saying precisely the same in order gauge the reaction!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Keenly watching!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Oooh sandy is quite close to me. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.

In that case... you may have heard the rant.

Possibly, although the wind is loud tonight. 
  • Come on, guys --- lets see the rant!  Don't tease us!

For payment, I offer one of my own. The guy had listed a Cycle I was interested in. I sent this message:-

" Hi there, can you tell me how old the bike is and approx. how many miles it has done? Thanks, Steve"

...and the reply came back "Fuck off, Timewaster!"

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Steve922 said:

Come on, guys --- lets see the rant!  Don't tease us!

For payment, I offer one of my own. The guy had listed a Cycle I was interested in. I sent this message:-

" Hi there, can you tell me how old the bike is and approx. how many miles it has done? Thanks, Steve"

Are you sure it wasn't a pic of his wife? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited February 2017
    Steve922 said:

I don't know about these things but does one usually ask how many miles a bicycle had done? Could've come across a piss take?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Steve922 said:

I don't know about these things but does one usually ask how many miles a bicycle had done? Could've come across a piss take?
    I assumed motorbike?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited February 2017
    I assumed bicycle, You would know how old a motorbike was from the reg plate.  Agree, as a non-cyclist,  it could be seen as taking the piss, but no need for a response like that!!
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    I would ask that question about a push-bike too - I do over 4000miles a year on mine so components wear out fairly regularly. Of course if it was a £25 shopper bike then it may not have been a relevant question!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Oooh sandy is quite close to me. 

Possibly, although the wind is loud tonight. 

Have you tried Deflatine or Pepto Bismol?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    He's changed the title, it is now a "Vox AC30 1978 Top Boost Amp"
    We are all Chameleons...
  • Steve922 said:

Never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are when dealing with potential buyers.  Imagine walking into a shop and then the guy behind the counter tells you to "f*** off, timewaster".  Exactly the same thing.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    TonyR said:
    He's changed the title, it is now a "Vox AC30 1978 Top Boost Amp"
    It's not that either. Reverb on Rose Morris amps didn't come in until 1980 I believe.

Either way, £1500 for a modded RM amp is a joke. I wouldn't pay £500.
  • Steve922 said:

Never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are when dealing with potential buyers.  Imagine walking into a shop and then the guy behind the counter tells you to "f*** off, timewaster".  Exactly the same thing.
    I've not actually had the 'F*** off, timewaster' quip....but, upon walking into a local music shop I  was greeted with 'We close in 20 minutes'.....which elicited the same action from me anyway...I promptly f****d off.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited February 2017

Wonderful spelling aside, I love the conflicting statements:

I have owed the amp for 20 years, it was used regularly for the first 10 years then stored away in my barn for the last 10 years where unfortunately the mice decided to use the speaker cloth for bedding, the cloth has been replaced otherwise the vox is totally original.

The previous owner hat a maser volume pot fitted which could do with being replaced or returned to its original setup.

So - aside from the cloth, its still not totally original then because a master volume has been fitted!

This could be done with a service thats required.  The amp is still fully functional that warm fat sound is still there.  

So, if the amp is fully functional, why is a service 'required'?

Not exactly filling me with confidence!

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I would say a good 80% of the stuff on ebay is just people trying to offload their junk onto some other mug for as much money as possible. 'caveat emptor' as they say.