Recommend me a Tech / Luthier Course in NE England

I am an amateur tinkerer.
I would be interested in improving my skills with some proper training.
Does anyone know of any guitar Tech / Luthier courses in the north east of England?
Many thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    I can't help, but I'm also interested to know if there is one too - would be a great thing to do.
    Someone must know of something!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    edited February 2017
    Depends what you mean by Luthier Courses. If you fancy making a whole guitar from pieces of wood (i.e Not a Kit Build), then I, @TTony, and one or two others here, would heartily recommend the "Build Your Own Guitar Courses", that Mark Bailey runs in his workshop in Culroy, which is just south of Ayr. He also has available online courses on guitar building. I've made 3 guitars in his workshop  - an Archtop, a "Les Paul", and most recently an Acoustic. Very pleased with all of them.

Guitar Weekends run a weekend guitar setup course from time to time over in Cumbria.
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    Thanks @ArchtopDave I don't want to build my own. I want to become more skilled at the tech side of guitar. I can do basic setups but I'd like to venture a bit further down that road ... know what proper tools to have / use for : neck relief, nut filing, fret dressing or such like.