Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

OK - Heres a twist on a theme.........Fav songs..........but............

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    I find it odd when bands a momentarily heralded as the future of music and then become a byword for all that's naff and should be ridiculed. In the 90's it seemed to happen with Gomez, Kula Shaker and Reef. 
    It does seem a little unfair. Gomez and Reef weren't that naff and ridiculous really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike_l said:

Ace of Spades

I love Ace of Spades. I have recently been strumming the slow blues version plus the Hayseed Dixie version is tres awesome but the original is still great.

I don't want to live for ever! Hmmm...

Apparantly Lemmy sings "The 8 of spades" live as he hates the songs......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    mike_l said:
    mike_l said:

Ace of Spades

I love Ace of Spades. I have recently been strumming the slow blues version plus the Hayseed Dixie version is tres awesome but the original is still great.

I don't want to live for ever! Hmmm...

having seen Motorhead live (twice) I'm fairly sure no one could tell wether he has any of the words right or not.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bobblehat said:
    Wanted Dead or Live - Bon Jovi

Truly great song
    I used to sing 'on a stale horse I ride' ( as in my horse is a bit knackered now, its gone stale) until MrsTheWeary pointed out it is steel horse. So, always good for a laugh at my expense in our household that song.
    :-<
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17601
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    I find it odd when bands a momentarily heralded as the future of music and then become a byword for all that's naff and should be ridiculed. In the 90's it seemed to happen with Gomez, Kula Shaker and Reef. 
    It does seem a little unfair. Gomez and Reef weren't that naff and ridiculous really.
    I think Reef blamed Chris Evans for the "It's your letters" thing (which they were told would be a one off). They became linked in peoples minds to the nadir of the aftermath of britpop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    having seen Motorhead live (twice) I'm fairly sure no one could tell wether he has any of the words right or not.

Funnily, I've the 'head twice and couldn't tell what he sings*. On any songs.

*loosest possible definition of "sings"....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:

Funnily, I've the 'head twice and couldn't tell what he sings*. On any songs.

*loosest possible definition of "sings"...

many, many years ago my blues band played a biker festival thingy that Motorhead headlined. We were scheduled to play at the same time as them but on a different stage. So, predictably, we started playing to almost nobody but after about 15 minutes we had a full crowd. People told us they liked Motorhead but after a few songs it was all so much the same they felt they had had enough.
    When we finished I managed to catch the end of their set which very much could have been any four Motorhead songs. 
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I used to sing 'on a stale horse I ride' ( as in my horse is a bit knackered now, its gone stale) until MrsTheWeary pointed out it is steel horse. So, always good for a laugh at my expense in our household that song.
    Is that the Black Country version? ;)
    When we finished I managed to catch the end of their set which very much could have been any four Motorhead songs. 

Funnily, although I like Motorhead, and play a few of their songs, I couldn't play an entire set. All their songs I know are in E minor and all are around the same tempo........

IanSavage said:
    Is that the Black Country version? ;)
    Ay up our Ian.

I don't think
      I'm gerrin on a knackered oss scans all that well.

My old blues band used to do Oochie Coochie Mon, sung by Quarry Bonk Slim (I am not making this up).But then we were the Bo Dudleys...
    ^:)^

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3899
    Anything I like that suddenly gets used in a tv advert is a killer for me. Recent ones include:
    Turin brakes - Fishing for a dream
    Buzzcocks - Boredom
    and
    Hives - Tick tick boom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    I think "Sex on fire" and "Mr.Brightside" might be guilty contenders along with "Long train running"
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Can someone please explain 'cool'...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Spaceman by Babylon Zoo fucking rocks...even the grunge bits.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • PolarityMan;153742" said:
    Spaceman by Babylon Zoo fucking rocks...even the grunge bits.
    It was at number 1 when Eric Jr was born so I have a fondness for it.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited February 2014
    Am I the only one with a soft spot for Nothing's Gonna Stop Us by Starship?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2014
    dindude said:
    Am I the only one with a soft spot for Nothing's Gonna Stip Us by Starship?

I certainly remember liking the fur coat flash in the video ;-) only recently found out it was Kim whatshername from Sex in the City in that film (mannequin)
    PolarityMan;153742" said:
    Spaceman by Babylon Zoo fucking rocks...even the grunge bits.
    It was at number 1 when Eric Jr was born so I have a fondness for it.

I was mostly drunk when it was no.1, so don't have much recollection of it...........

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    "Another brick in the wall".

I get really angry when the dj talks over the solo too.
  • I don't know if this one counts -

Town Called Malice by The Jam.

Billy Elliot brought it to a new audience, and we can't be the only wedding band playing it week in week out (wedding DJ's too, I expect) but...still such a great tune and a fine lyric to match.

This is the song that got me into the Jam in 1982 and 32 years later I can still listen to it without being sick of it.