Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Divine Noise 50/50 cable

I've personally never been a fan of curly cables but it looks interesting.
    Thanks for posting that Rabs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader
    It will be like having those curly fries or straight fries they have in some diners etc, but now in one chip

Which end do I plug into my guitar - ummmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28021
    The worst of all possible worlds!

I like mine straight and covered in fabric.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Straight, standard stuff. I got a Sommer cable covered in fabric and it's a bit heavy and inflexible so I don't tend to use it. Looks really nice though!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Straight.
    I can't be doing with those benders.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073

Cables are soooooo last century....

http://line6.com/relay/g10/

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Newbie question... but what's the benefit of a curly cable? They look like a minefield of tangles and mess.

• valevale Frets: 1052
    straight always, then you know what you've got.

when it's curly you don't know if it's enough to reach where you want to go or not.
    until the slack you hoped was coiled up isn't there & you pull your head off your cab.

plus curly ones knot like shit. just no. be told.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I like mine invisible. 

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    andyp said:
    Newbie question... but what's the benefit of a curly cable? They look like a minefield of tangles and mess.

I'm not really sure and have often wondered myself. My thinking has always been that they're heavier so you know where they and you're less likely to get in a tangle (but I don't want to cross vale ;)

I prefer the look of curly in a '70's retro way.  They probably take up more room in a case though and can't be rolled up so easy.
  • Curly cables also cut a tiny bit of the top end which is quite handy with a strat. I like curlies and tend to use one between guitar and pedalboard. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I use straight 10' leads at home but for now they're just £12 each TG things from the local shop so not amazing quality but not rubbish.
    If i bought decent ones, i'd be happy with something like PC or Free The Tone, whatever they're covered with.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited February 2017
    I have a nice curly Vox lead, and a straight 10ft lead.  Everything else is straight 20ft, & I have my Line 6 G10 Relay too for when I want to go wireless (well, from the guitar - you know what I mean). 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ricky50ricky50 Frets: 159
    I have the Divine Noise half and half cable shown in the OP's pic and it's the only cable I've ever used that has never twisted itself up when gigging.  Best built cable I've  ever had. 
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Sorry but there really should be a forum-wide shunning of Photobucket as a host site. I can't see a thing (but I'm over the moon at having contributed multiple times to increasing such a sh*t site's ad revenue!).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    pjf said:
    Sorry but there really should be a forum-wide shunning of Photobucket as a host site. I can't see a thing (but I'm over the moon at having contributed multiple times to increasing such a sh*t site's ad revenue!).
    If you can't see pics it's your fault, no one elses.

I post on many other fora using PB with nary a problem, it is only on here you get the odd moaner.

I won't be moving all my pics to another site (that may also be moaned about later) to appease a few.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72247
    It's not whether you can see the pics or not that's the issue, it's the ad crap you get when you open the link on a mobile device.

Consequently I don't either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • andyp said:

Quite the contrary.  Curly cables don't really ever get tangled whereas you only have to turn your back on a straight cable and it's all tangled up.  If you tread on it it doesn't tug on your guitar.  They are short when curled so there's not a load of cable laying on the floor, but they expand when required so you can walk around the stage a bit when you want to.

I honestly swear by a curly cable from guitar to board.  Also I love curly cables for headphones for exactly the same reasons.  No getting the cable caught on something and ripping the headphones off your head.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Interesting. Cheers. I've never even considered a curly cable before. I really like the straight 10ft Planet Waves ones my local shop recommended.
  • Neil said:
    pjf said:
    If you can't see pics it's your fault, no one elses.

I post on many other fora using PB with nary a problem, it is only on here you get the odd moaner.

I won't be moving all my pics to another site (that may also be moaned about later) to appease a few.

It's not his fault. 50% of the time I use photo bucket on a phone it tells me I've won a new iPhone 7 or that there is hot singles in my area. 

It's also slow to load and has a really bad organisation system. People should use Imgur, it works better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom