Just got back the first guitar I ever bought.

I left school in 1999 and a friend of my dad got me a part time job for when I started college.

I was able to work full time through the summer and saved my first couple of weeks pay and bought myself an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop. I taught myself on it, wrote my first music on it and did my first recordings with it.

About 5 years later I sold it to a friend after I bought a Gibson Les Paul Custom and the Epiphone started gathering dust.

Last week, I saw a 90s Epiphone Les Paul for sale for a good price and almost got in touch with the seller, then just had a thought about my old Goldtop.

So I text my friend and he still had it. It wasn't being played, had two strings, loose pots etc so we worked out a deal and now I have it back.

It's cleaned, restrung, and after a very quick set up and is playing great. My four year old son has taken quite an interest so maybe he can learn on it eventually...
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14185
    tFB Trader
    I had a similar thought a few months ago - around 1974/5 (I was 14/15) I had an Avon SG bass  - something like £60/65 new back then - Maybe only kept it for 6 months or so as I switched to guitar - At a recent guitar show I saw one for sale and still around £60, so for nostalgia purposes I took a look at it - Big mistake - It was a total heap of crap - It would have only served any purpose just hanging on the wall - I'd rather have given the £60 to my daughter for cleaning the car or something, for a month

My first guitar was a Grant LP - similar to Avon, Kimbara and Columbus at the time - Can't remember exactly what I did to it, but stripped down, rebuilt and a few upgrades to enrich the performance and more importantly gave me the chance to try out some guitar tech skills
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom