Guitarguitar

What's Hot
I just wanted to make share my recent experiences with guitar guitar I have had a couple of problems of late with products I have purchased from them ( they say it happens in 3s!!) Firstly my egnater tweaker 40 blew a transformer now although I am out of warranty with them they were helpful to offer me advice 2nd my catalinbread DLS died (same day as amp) they asked me to send it up they will see if they can repair it - they must not have been able to as I am now waiting for a replacement (here tomorrow) throughout great communication through emails And finally today I took delivery of a pedaltrain 2 with hard cads I was very looking forward to getting home to start setting the new pedalboard up however to my panic and utter astonishment upon opening the hard case there was NO pedalboard Within seconds I was on the phone and spoke to a very nice man who apologied and after checking with the warehouse dispatched a the missing pedaltrain board this should be here tomorrow I just wanted to share this if any one is interested as it's good to know that even when things go wrong the company has your back
Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2014
    What was the advice about the Tweaker from them in the end? Mines still at an independent tech who's been trying to contact Egnater direct. We're both thinking I'll just need to collect it from him and let GG sort it out. Like yours I'm out of warranty.
  • It was more letting me know my options I am waiting on the part from mercury magnets to attempt to fix the amp ( mains transformer)
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960

I wouldn't say that is outstanding service from your comments. Any guitar shop worth it's salt would offer you advice on a blown-up product....especially if (a) it was purchased from them, and (b) they might get a repair out of it.

The pedal is presumably under warrantee, so they have an obligation to repair it.

Thirdly, how about they do their job properly and check what is in the box before it has been dispatched. You had to wait an extra day before you got what you ordered! 

Sorry, but it annoys me that this is classified as 'good' customer service in the UK - we're a bunch of mugs when it comes to things like this!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Another question is how far out of warrantee is the amp? Remember under the Sales of Goods Act that an item should be of merchantable quality and last a reasonable time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited February 2014

I've always found Guitar Guitar in Epsom superb (Mike, Nigel, Chris, Jez).  Good people, good comms, decent stock and they're happy to price-match and have excellent  after sales service to boot!

I've returned things that weren't to my liking within the 7 day accepatable period with no quibble (standard stuff), but when my H&K Tubemeister 36 Head became very noisy shortly after purchasing - turned out to be a preamp valve - they just replaced the head there and then.

If all their shops are like the Epsom branch, they're a good chain (DV247/Digital Village take note - woeful)!

• I buy the majority of my gear from guitarguitar in Birmingham, have always found them to be great. 

I know they check every single guitar before they go out, have watched them do it loads of times whilst I'm in there.
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    At the risk of being labelled a pedant.

Isn`t this section for stuff that is made in the UK?    To promote and display the work of British manufacturers rather than importers of goods made overseas.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3037
    Everytime I've bought something from them I've had a problem.

I tried buying a Suhr Aldrich humbucker, paid with my card over their website and I then get a call saying they're out of stock.

Second time I bought an amp from them. It was supposed to be delivered on a certain date but it never showed up. I called them and they told me it was lost in transit. They sent me out a replacement amp (charged for the difference still). When the replacement amp arrived, so did the original amp I bought. I sent back the original as the replacement sounded nicer.

I did try buying something else but again I was told it was out of stock after I paid for it.

Not a huge deal I know but I gave up with buying from their website. I'm sure the service is good instore.

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    edited March 2014
    Actually, I think this sort of thing is a big deal. It really annoys me when shops go online but then don't have the systems/procedures/staffing to deliver a decent service. It's like when you email them, don't get a reply, ring to ask why they haven't replied and you get tild that they're too busy to reply to emails!? So then don't put an email address on the website!

Btw, I'm taking generally now, nothing to do with guitarguitar
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    DamianP said:
    At the risk of being labelled a pedant.

Isn`t this section for stuff that is made in the UK?    To promote and display the work of British manufacturers rather than importers of goods made overseas.

+1
    Wrong section for this story I feel
    Could mods maybe move it?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!