Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone won on competitions ?

What's Hot
Entered a few recently but never been that lucky. Just wondered if we have compers amongst us and If so what have you won ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Donkeys years ago I won second prize in a competition by Access credit cards.

A meal out for two in a swanky restaurant.

Haven't entered a competition for years but you do hear of people who win regularly.
  • A couple of years ago I won a Les Luis pedal on an Andertons Facebook "like and share this post" type comp. 
  • Nice both prizes sound good. I think I always thought those facebook "like" competitions were a bit scammy so fascinating that you won on one. Might give it a go

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• One of my work colleagues does competitions very seriously (well, actually his wife I believe). I think most of his holidays are competition wins. Downside: they get about 10 spam phone calls every day.

As for me, I've won a couple of raffles at open mic nights. :)
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited February 2017
    Yes!  - - On the current Ginster Pastie on-pack comp I have won 2x £10 cash payouts and a pair of EFL footie tickets to a game of my choice for my designated Team  AFC Wimbledon!

Oh and £25 Premium Bond payouts for both of the months of Jan and Feb this year...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    There are a few here who are talented when it comes to comping.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Skipped I need to be shown the ways. 

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    I won an Irish Rugby jersey once signed by Keith Wood. That's literally the only thing I can ever remember winning though.
  • I won a 'Hey Duggee! Soft toy. I chose Betty and it's  my avatar.

I went to an electronics show at Earls Court about 20 years ago. While we were there we won tickets to a ViP party at the top of BT tower that night, which was ace.  Then a few days  later  I got a call at work. I couldn't really hear what the lady said other than "congratulations,you've won, we'll deliver it tomorrow". Next day a brand new PC turned up at my house.  That was a good day out at that fair...

last year I won a hamper of wine and Mrs Fred drank the f*ckin lot. Grrrr.
  • I won a nice cycling jacket, size L which was sent to me from the UK distributors. I emailed them to ask if I could exchange it for a size S. No.

I won a romantic evening for two at the luxury Celtic Manor Hotel. I'm single. It was a kind of random prize draw at work - I wanted the iPad!

I entered a competition in Sound On Sound once, one of those where the answer was easy and they wanted a tie-breaker. The tie-breaker was "musician joke, but no drummer jokes, because we've heard them all". My attempt was this:

Two DJs are talking, one says to the other "Fancy coming to the cinema tonight?"

Second DJ: "Hmm, I dunno. Who's the projectionist?"

Forgot all about it, then about 18 months later I got a call when I was at work "Oh, hello, do you remember entering a competition in Sound On Sound magazine? You won." Prize was a Roland V-drums kit, which was pretty cool for a while, but I eventually sold it because I wasn't progressing and it was taking up a lot of space in my tiny house.
  • The occasional tenner on scratch cards but I only buy them if I'm very flush, which is hardly ever.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I once won two tickets to Genesis at Wembley Stadium. Though 'won' is debatable, 'suffered' was nearer the mark.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I came 2nd once in a camouflage competition.

We never did find the winner..............Yes that old one.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12313
    I entered a trade competition run by Corning glassware (they make Pyrex glass among other things). First prize was a trip to New York on Concorde with hotel and spending money.

I won second prize. It was a pair of sunglasses.  :'(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1737
    I know someone and her 'job' is entering competitions.
    She literally spends all day doing this and wins all manner of things. What she wants she keeps. The rest she sells.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4286
    Every year at the Christmas party we have a raffle. The first year I won a TV, third year a DVD player, fourth year another TV. 

I also won a super bike track day at Castle Combe. The company I work for used to sponsor the Virgin Yamaha team, in the British Superbike Champs. A few laps riding pillion with Sean Emmett then some laps driving different cars. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Around 1972 I got a prize of a big disneyland poster from Golden Wonder crisps. You had to come up with an alternative name for Micky mouse and I suggested Marmaduke. Probably no one else came up with such a poncy name.

My father in law was big into them about 20 years ago. He subscribed to this magazine that gave you all the answers to all current quizzes everywhere. He won stuff.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    Normally i never win anything, but got a surprise package in the post today

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Two decent acoustics, one from Guitar Buyer magazine, one from Guitar & Bass, a tv & PlayStation from some Saturday kids show, a VIP trip to London and a champagne dinner at the top of the eye from GMTV, a full set of tyres for the car from the local paper and I do ok on scratchcards.  
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • my friend won a Way Huge Pork Loin once from guitarguitar.

best i've done is £28 on the lottery