Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone won on competitions ?

What's Hot

Comments

• I've won the odd thing. I got a Roget Mayer pedal once, which was awesome. 

And I once won a thunderbirds quiz, which was even better (I was 8, I think)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow all great prizes. The steve jones one is cool as fuck @WezV ;

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I won a weird game from VH1.  The question was something like 'what album did Peter Gabriel release after leaving Genesis'
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    My local drum shop was putting on a demo/workshop thing down the Irish club, so I said I would pop in to show some support for the venture. I knew I didn't really have time to stay so I parked up, walked in, paid the couple of squid entry and thought, I'll just pop in, say hello and be on my way. The guy I paid entry to says "do you want some raffle tickets?" So I bought 1 raffle ticket for 50p.

Walked in, watched 2 minutes of drumming and they called the winning raffle ticket out. I walked up to collect my prize, a nice Meinl hand finished splash cymbal signed by some bloke called Marco Minnerman. I couldn't tell you if Marco handed it to me but I said thanks very much. waved at the drum shop owner and that was it.

Best 50p I'd spent for ages.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    i won a lucky dip for wednesday's draw on the national lottery last saturday.
    (i buy one a week to keep reality that i will be desititute-for-life from my thoughts. bad for morale etc).

lost on wednesday & so i lost on saturday too (since what i won was a ticket that lost).

lose one, lose one free. is lolof a thing?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4d/be/0c/4dbe0ccf00df79bd788af4cf69259d7a.png
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Back in the mid 90s I won second prize in a Beatles competition in the Yorkshire Evening Post. The prize? Two return rail tickets to Liverpool!

More recently (still over 10 years ago mind!) I won a pair of skis at work. The company magazine ran a "Win some skis or a snowboard" completion by explaining why you thought you should win. I wrote a poem (that I can't remember) about our first ski holiday that we'd just returned from. It must have been good because I won.

That's the lot, nowt before or since.
    We are all Chameleons...
  • Won a £100 a few times on the scratch cards, and I won a Bogner Ecstasy Red signed by the man himself in a Facebook competition a few years back...that's about it for me, though.
    <space for hire>
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    I won Lady BMcH's hand in a game of high-stakes goku-sporku.

Thankfully some particularly skillful play on my part meant that the rest of Lady BMcH was still attached to the hand, and she took a bit of a shine to me.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    After many emails nagging me to complete the staff survey I realised they weren't gonna give up so I finally answered all 4,000 questions in about 90 seconds by choosing the number "3" for every answer. 
    I won the £100 prize which I didn't even know was there to encourage diligence and early completion of the survey.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I won a The Who album in a local radio programme circa 1980 that asked for their original band name.....I offered two.
  • Grunfeld said:
    After many emails nagging me to complete the staff survey I realised they weren't gonna give up so I finally answered all 4,000 questions in about 90 seconds by choosing the number "3" for every answer. 
    I won the £100 prize which I didn't even know was there to encourage diligence and early completion of the survey.

We had an iPad as the prize for the staff survey, won by one of the senior managers so generally regarded as a fix.

I've won some guitar leads, got a pedal for prize letter in Guitarist ( my letter was actually very similar to the OP in this)and won a TheFB raffle prize. I think that's it. Oh, yes, the Hooziers first album in an online competition from the Civil Service Motorists Association. 

I used to work with someone who did all the competitions in Take a Break and those kind of mags and she won several things per year - cheap weekend breaks type stuff. 

Oh, my uncle won Sale of the Century - this was probably nearly 40 years ago so it wasn't the start of us being a showbiz family. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I won all the moog pedals on music radar two years ago. Also a Colourbox on free pedal Friday.  Last year I won 5 entry tickets into 5 different gigs at a locall venue. I enter every single competition I see. Normally win 1 to 2 things a year.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I won all the moog pedals on music radar two years ago. 
    Wow, I'll swap for my Hooziers album... :dizzy: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I've won a few £10 and £25 on the lottery.

Funnist was at a rugby club raffle, I won a 3l bottle of Bacardi. I don't drink Bacardi, it went behind the bar, lasted ages.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I thought I won a £50 Chainreactioncycles voucher in a Christmas comp run a few years ago but apparently there was a second guy who actually won with the same name as me. :( 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1742
    Before he was married aged 24, my father in law won the jackpot on the football pools in the 50's. I can't remember the amount he won other than he said it was enough to buy 5 houses. He didn't buy any houses however but spent the lot on women cars and gambling. The rest he just squandered.   
  • Won a pair of Chelsea tickets in the first year of uni from barclays. 

That's about it. But still. 
  • For those who were Transformers G1 buffs, I completed a competition years ago for my younger brother to sign and the bastard won. First prize was the new Scorponok toy. 

https://static.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/04/r_scorponok-100.jpg

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    1968, Blackpool FC Christmas Raffle.

I won a pair of tights. 

They were a bit new-fangled at the time, and quite expensive, so 'er indoors was quite pleased.

• Loving all the stories. I can honestly say the moog win. Would be a dream for me. Very freaking cool.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey