SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dimarzio Super Distortion SOLD

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
edited April 2017 in Parts £
You may have seen the thread a few weeks ago where I found this in a box and didn't know what it was. Thanks to that thread, I do now. I've not installed it in a guitar but I've tested it by checking the resistance (13.62kohms) and getting my wife to hold it up to the guitar strings while holding the wires to a jack lead - noise came out the amp when I strummed the strings, so I'm pretty sure it works. I think this was probably made in the '80s, from a bit of googling.

A quick look on Ebay completeds makes me think £45 is a reasonable price, but since I've not properly tried it in anger (I suspect it'd be too high output and dark for me), I'll price it at...

£35 posted

But if anyone thinks that's ludicrous in either direction, give me a shout.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    edited February 2017
    these are great pickups - I have a pair in my first guitar Vox 24 from 1983 (can't see me ever getting rid of it)
    Have a free bump and GLWTS
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    Often overlooked now with all the boutique winders, but still a great pickup IMHO
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Thankyou for free bumps, both. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • suv32suv32 Frets: 62
    Pedal trade maybe? EHX soul food?
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    I sold a pair last year that I had for 35 years, now I regret it. 
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    I have BKP,Suhr and Duncans at home ,but use Dimarzio PAF and Super Distotion in my Les Paul.
    Great pickups.
  • This is what Townshend had installed in between the mini humbuckers on his Les Paul Deluxe guitars. For special effects apparently, that is: loud bits of feedback!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Sold!
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Ha! Was just about to post a WTB Dimarzio SD thread? How's my luck :(