PRS bridge spacing and pickups ?

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
I currently use a PRS Mira X that i absolutely love playing but i find the pickups under higher gain and drop tuning get a little mushy. So i'm thinking about upgrading the pickups. Does anyone know what bridge spacing i need for the PRS wrap around bridge?

The two sets i'me considering are:
Suhr Aldrich
Dimarzio Crunchlab/liquifire 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I love the Aldrich pickups in a PRS.   I'm sure they fit (or at least they used to) standard 50mm spacing.   On my custom I used the trem spaced 53mm Aldrich as they look better imo but on a Mira you want the standard pickup size. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'm reading conflicting information all over the internet for what size pickup is required! Some seem to have gone for 53mm, others 49-50mm.

Bridge spacing should be standardised unless you're playing a Phillips Cleartone Conversion, then your string spacing can be anywhere between 70mm and 70000mm.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14175
    tFB Trader
    John_P said:
    I love the Aldrich pickups in a PRS.   I'm sure they fit (or at least they used to) standard 50mm spacing.   On my custom I used the trem spaced 53mm Aldrich as they look better imo but on a Mira you want the standard pickup size. 
    endorse that - regular spaced humbuckers will be fine - I'm trying to recall what the Mira X pick-ups were based on - definitely vintage flavoured, so yes you might find a touch mushy in a hi-gain and drop tuning - I can't really advise which of the two types of p/ups are best for such a guitar as I can't recall playing either - but on paper they should be ideal
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    John_P said:
    endorse that - regular spaced humbuckers will be fine - I'm trying to recall what the Mira X pick-ups were based on - definitely vintage flavoured, so yes you might find a touch mushy in a hi-gain and drop tuning - I can't really advise which of the two types of p/ups are best for such a guitar as I can't recall playing either - but on paper they should be ideal
    the Mira X has the 245 pickups, they're pretty good, just not what I'm used to!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14175
    edited March 2017 tFB Trader
    timmysoft said:
    John_P said:
    the Mira X has the 245 pickups, they're pretty good, just not what I'm used to!
    I knew they were something like that - so yes fairly mellow with a softer voice - SC250 p/ups would probably have suited you better, but I think the Suhr or DiMarzio models will suit you better for gain and drop tuning - more clarity/definition