SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Les Paul set-neck guitar - Max. 850 GBP/1000 EUR (e.g. Yamaha/Aria/etc.)

What's Hot
DanTMDanTM Frets: 21
edited February 2017 in Guitars £
Hello there !

I got some money I did not expect which is why I am now able to look for a LP style guitar.

Frets have to be in very good condition. Action has to be nice and low without buzzing. Electronics have to work perfectly. I do not care about dings and dongs.

The price has to be incl. shipping to Germany and must not exceed 850 GBP/1000 EUR [updated]

It would be great if I could get my hands on a Yamaha LP/LS/SF/SG or Aria Pro LP/LC but I am willing to listen to other offers

Thank you in advance
Dan

B: Warmoth PJ
E: Warmoth 7/8 HS Strat
U: Ana'Ole Spruce/Mango 6 String
A: Yamaha FS850
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanTMDanTM Frets: 21
    edited February 2017
    I just increased my budget to max. 590 GBP / 700 EUR incl. shipping.

I am not interested in LTD guitars.

• xDottorexDottore Frets: 274

While it’s not the exact shape of a Les Paul, the Yamaha Super Flighter SF700 does have a set neck and is a superb guitar. I bought one from Liam, who runs YamahaSuperFlighters.co.uk, about 5 months ago for £700. It’s in sunburst (actually I think it’s more like tobacco sunburst) and in extremely good condition. I took it to Steve Drennan, the guitar tech at Yamaha Music in Soho, who gave it a once over, cleaned it a little but otherwise pronounced it a great guitar in superb order.

I’m only moving it on because I finally found an SF1000 in great condition, so this is surplus to requirements now. I think that’s why Liam moved his on—actually, more like he had ALL the guitars but realised he only ever played the 1000 so there wasn’t much point in keeping the others.

Oh, and I recommend this page from Liam’s site on the ‘oddities’ of some trades in Super Flighters.

If you’re interested, PM me and I’ll send you some pics.

Cheers

Dottore

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
    Not the precise shape of a Les Paul, but I have a Yamaha SF700, the middle of the Super Flighter range, in superb condition. I bought it direct from Mr Superflighters himself, Liam of YamahaSuperFlighters, about 5 months ago for £700. It's in superb condition (it either is or is identical to the sunburst one shown on the SF700 page linked to above) and I'm only moving it on because I found an SF1000 and this one is now surplus to requirements. Funnily enough, that's why Liam sold it on to me in the first place. Liam has a useful comparison page where you can see the differences between the first gen SFs. Note that the 700 does have a set neck which is what you are looking for.

It's been given a service and inspection by Steve Drennan, the guitar tech at Yamaha in Soho, who thought it a good quality guitar in great condition. 

I'd be happy to let you have it for £575 including shipping to Germany. If you're interested, I can send some pics.

Cheers
    Jolyon

Not the precise shape of a Les Paul, but I have a Yamaha SF700, the middle of the Super Flighter range, in superb condition. I bought it direct from Mr Superflighters himself, Liam of YamahaSuperFlighters, about 5 months ago for £700. It's in superb condition (it either is or is identical to the sunburst one shown on the SF700 page linked to above) and I'm only moving it on because I found an SF1000 and this one is now surplus to requirements. Funnily enough, that's why Liam sold it on to me in the first place. Liam has a useful comparison page where you can see the differences between the first gen SFs. Note that the 700 does have a set neck which is what you are looking for.

It's been given a service and inspection by Steve Drennan, the guitar tech at Yamaha in Soho, who thought it a good quality guitar in great condition. 

I'd be happy to let you have it for £575 including shipping to Germany. If you're interested, I can send some pics.

Cheers
    Jolyon

Man ... the more I drill down on old Yamaha guitars the harder it gets to decide what I am looking for. SG, SF, LP .... they made so many high quality instruments :o

@Dottore: Thanks for your msg. I replied to you

• You could probably get a Gibson Les Paul studio for that money!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    You could probably get a Gibson Les Paul studio for that money!
    It's the shape that's important; not the name on the headstock............
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    You could probably get a Gibson Les Paul studio for that money!
    I know. My sister's husband has a Gibson Studio and it is currently at my flat. It plays very good but looking at it hurts my eyes. I just don't like the simplicity in the look. I know its not that important but if I hate the look I can not enjoy playing the guitar.

DanTM said:
    Man ... the more I drill down on old Yamaha guitars the harder it gets to decide what I am looking for. SG, SF, LP .... they made so many high quality instruments :o

@Dottore: Thanks for your msg. I replied to you
    You're not wrong about that, Daniel. I also have an old SA2000 (their take on a 335) and it's utterly wonderful. I lent it to my current guitar teacher, a Congolese guy who is teaching me soukous and rumba, and he can't stop raving about it. Wonder how it will compare to the Seventy Seven ExRubato that I have coming shortly!… The Japanese make such good guitars.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Little update: I increased my budget B)

Still looking

• Jock68Jock68 Frets: 902
    I have a Bacchus BLP CTM in Black oil, as new. It has a thin 60s neck
     https://www.deviser-bacchus.com/products/生産完了品/blp-ctm/

Jock
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    edited March 2017
    Jock68 said:

I think a Bacchus is probably the best Japanese LP in that price range - I'm not sure if they do 50s neck profiles

I'm a Yamaha SG man myself, but you're looking at a £1K for the renowned models.
  • Jock68Jock68 Frets: 902
    Yes I agree,  I also have a Bacchus BLP FM Standard that I am NOT selling.
    Jock
    Jock68 said:

Sent you a pm