So, Guitar Guitar F@£K Up AGAIN !!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2017
    ennspek said:
    I'm sorry to hear that Warren. Once was enough for me, I just go elsewhere.
    Just playing devil's advocate everything goes wrong sometimes it's how you deal with it that makes the difference.
    In my case they dealt with it badly, @Alnico can testify to this.
    If it's easier just have it delivered to my place, I'm in!
    Yes i can.
    Awful service.

EDIT: But in contrast, our DPD drivers of which we get one of two, are amazing lads. The tracker always works well and we're dead happy with them. We get deliveries via DPD from lots of different shop s and they're all spot on.

I'll say it about GG and some of the PMT stores............

Stop employing young pricks who care more about chatting than serving and please employ people who aren't so out of touch with life that they ask to be punched in the face with their cocky attitude. These fucking idiots are just there to pay for beer at the weekend, they couldn't give a fuck what you buy or if you can afford it - they're NOT guitar shops and you're NOT a guitarist in there, you're a PUNTER.

A cunt with lots of nice guitars is still a cunt !
    These idiot shops are just a bunch of cunts !!!

\Sunday Rant .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alnico said:
    ennspek said:
    I'm sorry to hear that Warren. Once was enough for me, I just go elsewhere.
    Just playing devil's advocate everything goes wrong sometimes it's how you deal with it that makes the difference.
    In my case they dealt with it badly, @Alnico can testify to this.
    If it's easier just have it delivered to my place, I'm in!
    Yes i can.
    Awful service.

EDIT: But in contrast, our DPD drivers of which we get one of two, are amazing lads. The tracker always works well and we're dead happy with them. We get deliveries via DPD from lots of different shop s and they're all spot on.

I'll say it about GG and some of the PMT stores............

Stop employing young pricks who care more about chatting than serving and please employ people who aren't so out of touch with life that they ask to be punched in the face with their cocky attitude. These fucking idiots are just there to pay for beer at the weekend, they couldn't give a fuck what you buy or if you can afford it - they're NOT guitar shops and you're NOT a guitarist in there, you're a PUNTER.

A cunt with lots of nice guitars is still a cunt !
    These idiot shops are just a bunch of cunts !!!

\Sunday Rant .

Amen to that brother. Spot on 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    edited February 2017
    Such a shame, cos the lads at the Bham branch have always been quality...
    I don't go a lot, but when I was last there they agreed to knock a tenner off a pedal because it was effectively demo stock, which was nice. I was being fussy about what amp I used to demo and they were very accommodating. Their part-ex, however, wasn't worth the breath I used to ask about it, better prices from cash converters.
  • I've never had a Sunday delivery so this is the first time that I've learnt one could specify one 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    For the sake of balance In be always found DPD to be the best or the mainstream courier lot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I've never had a Sunday delivery so this is the first time that I've learnt one could specify one 
    It seems you can't.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    ennspek said:
    For the sake of balance In be always found DPD to be the best or the mainstream courier lot.
    Yeah, me too.  I've always felt that DPD were 'premium' couriers in comparison with the rest.  Yodel being the worst.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5628
    Dodge said:
    ennspek said:
    Yeah, me too.  I've always felt that DPD were 'premium' couriers in comparison with the rest.  Yodel being the worst.

IME DPD used to be very good - I could always rely on them.  However, I believe they have recently merged with Interstink Express and their service has gone to the dogs in a massive way since.

Their tracker still works well and they generally turn up in the time slot they say they will.  The problem is now that they won't do as instructed.  I have several times, via their online tracking portal, requested delivery on an alternative day or requested they deliver to my neighbour (who is always in and who is always happy to take stuff for me) and since the merge they just ignore all requests.

I usually get a text message stating I wasn't in, they've left a card, and they'll try again tomorrow.  Usually they don't leave a card, they just bugger off only to have the same thing repeated the next day until they send whatever it is to their 'local' pick-up shop in fecking China!

I complained right up the food chain last time it happened because they ended up taking my shit to a shop miles away when there was a perfectly good pick-up shop listed just up the road.  I got the usual bollocks about the local shop being too busy etc so I sent their Operations Director a nice email who in fairness sorted it almost immediately.

I was told that their drivers are self employed and only get paid per successful delivery.  Don't know if that's always been the case.  So if you're not in it's in their best interest not to waste time leaving a card or knocking on your neighbours door, they just sod off to the next drop on their route so they can earn some dosh.

If at all possible I avoid DPD now and always get that feeling of trepidation whenever I get the text message that says "Your DPD driver Vance will be with you.........."

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The only reason I got my Mesa from GG was because it was on sale for the pre-£ value drop, so a little over £200 less than everywhere else (including online). The service I've had has not been bad, just not the best.
  • Well, the parcel has just arrived :)

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    Haha GG B'ham are comedians. /bitchmode on - I had a go on some relic CS Strat ting. The dude totally knocked it into a wall whilst carrying it and joked it's a relic so just adds to it and nobody would notice it. Probably the only bit of deserved wear it had. Also they are hilariously pushy with finance. 

Kemper be a good idea with the amount of amps you flip. Could make a decent profit selling patches :-P
  • You couldn't make it up could you ???

Parcels arrived - any guesses what's happened next ?????
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • THEY HAVE SENT THE NON - POWERED KEMPER HEAD !!!!!

WHAT A 'KIN JOKE THEY ARE...
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I give up
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    As I mentioned in a thread a while back,  I reckon the combination of an FX8 into a Kemper is the ultimate 21st century rig @Wazmeister ;
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beexter said:
    As I mentioned in a thread a while back,  I reckon the combination of an FX8 into a Kemper is the ultimate 21st century rig @Wazmeister ;
    It'll be the ultimate 22nd Century rig by the time it arrives...
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Our dpd driver is so good, we actually sent an email to head office and told them how fantastic he is. He was given an award for exceptional service :) 

Sounds like gg are the problem here though. 

Also, I think (like most courier services) the individuals that pack the van and deliver are what makes the difference. And how much the sorting depots throw them around... 
  • Well, the parcel has just arrived :)

Nice. Intrigued to see how you get on with amp modelling.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    edited February 2017

Well, the parcel has just arrived

Id read the rest of the thread mate... its the non powered version they've sent, so I dont get to hear it 
  • Well, the parcel has just arrived

Id read the rest of the thread mate... its the non powered version they've sent, so I dont get to hear it 
    Oh for the love of christ's fat tits!!! Dreadful. What a rigmarole. Sorry to hear this. Are you organising a powered one from somewhere else?