Multi-channel amp with series FX loop needed

What's Hot

Comments

• Anybody any thoughts on a Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb, or something in that realm?
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    Laney Lionhearts are worth a look. In another thread someone was saying that the preamps for the clean and drive channels were based on JTM series Marshalls and JCM 800s respectively. It's certainly true that they give a pretty convincing low/mid gain "British" tone that can hold its head up with some pretty lofty company. 

I recently bought the L5 Studio and a 1x12 cab. The clean channel is crystal clear and the drive channel dirties up to classic rock levels. At 5 watts it's more than enough for home use, and can even be turned down to 0.5 watts if needed. The built in digital reverb is decent, and the array of inputs and emulated outputs on the back are good if you want to do some home recording.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited February 2017
    Anybody any thoughts on a Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb, or something in that realm?
    Beautiful amp, but....

just be done with it and get a Helix
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Habanero said:
    Laney Lionhearts are worth a look. In another thread someone was saying that the preamps for the clean and drive channels were based on JTM series Marshalls and JCM 800s respectively. It's certainly true that they give a pretty convincing low/mid gain "British" tone that can hold its head up with some pretty lofty company. 

I recently bought the L5 Studio and a 1x12 cab. The clean channel is crystal clear and the drive channel dirties up to classic rock levels. At 5 watts it's more than enough for home use, and can even be turned down to 0.5 watts if needed. The built in digital reverb is decent, and the array of inputs and emulated outputs on the back are good if you want to do some home recording.
    How's the effects loop @Habanero? I think it's different on the L5 Studio to what's on my L20T- any problems with yours? 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    Habanero said:

How's the effects loop @Habanero? I think it's different on the L5 Studio to what's on my L20T- any problems with yours? 

I haven't really used the effects loop much to be honest, as I've mostly used the clean channel with various pedals in front of the amp. I think you're right about it being different to that in the L20T, as I seem to remember reading something about that in reviews.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sir, I think you should have a wee look there at the Jackson Ampworks sale on just now at Peach. 

Or stick with that MV25.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Bogner Atma?

1w, 5w and 18w mode.
    Vintage and modern knob.
    3 channels - 1 clean, 2 dirt (although the 2 dirt sounds very similar)
    FX Loop.

Takes all your boxes.  

there's one on eBay for £975 at the moment.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    edited February 2017
    Egnater Tweaker? or Peavey Classic 20 head?
  • Some interesting things to check out.  The Mesa has one more rehearsal to redeem itself, @Deijavoo - feel free to educate me on Jackson Ampworks.  Afraid the Mesa would have to go to justify one (I've got one decent cash offer on the table).

My band, Red For Dissent
    This is all you need to know: 
    Actually, the Britain 4.0 might not be at Peach just now but the 3.0 is.

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitar-amps/guitar-amps/jackson-ampworks-britain-30-head-black.htm
  • Deijavoo said:
    This is all you need to know: 
    That sounds bloody marvellous!
  • doesn;t a Mesa MkV 25 do pretty much anything ?

• doesn;t a Mesa MkV 25 do pretty much anything ?
    If you're not an idiot, like me :)

@Deijavoo - it does sound good, although he has a boatload of FX sat there. 

My band, Red For Dissent
    We could go pedal shopping?    ;)
  • Maybe if the Midtown goes :)

My band, Red For Dissent
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Laney Cub 12R. Single channel, 15w, 1w and 15w input switch, serial fx loop, 8/16 ohm extn cab out, built in kick stand. Checkout my demos on youtube (just type Voxman5 in search on youtube or Google). Great classic tone from chimey cleans to vintage crunch. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Voxman said:
    Laney Cub 12R. Single channel, 15w, 1w and 15w input switch, serial fx loop, 8/16 ohm extn cab out, built in kick stand. Checkout my demos on youtube (just type Voxman5 in search on youtube or Google). Great classic tone from chimey cleans to vintage crunch. 
    You got a lol from somebody, @voxman, although I admit to loving the LC15R.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Can you take a pic of your settings on the Boog and post them up? I'd be interested to see how you're running it.
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Maybe not quite as vintage as you'd like but tubmeister 18 or new 20 maybe fit bill for most of it?