SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Rivera Clubster 45 SOLD

dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 110
edited February 2014 in Amps £
Rivera Clubster 45 in great condition, hardly a mark on it. Good little combo that's not too heavy and more than good enough for gigging clubs and pubs. The clean channel is fantastic and gives Fender type cleans with a surprising amount of headroom and also takes pedals very well. The drive channel is also pretty good with a gritty Marshallesque sound and the option of an additional boost function. Unfortunately just not my cup of tea.

Comes complete with a slip cover, 2 button footswitch and the 'left over' valves from last years change over.

Trade wise looking for a 'medium' wattage head or combo 20W-50W based on a Marshall tone. I have cash to add where needed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    thats an absolute BARGAIN
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    actually...pm'd
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Dammit... Mind you I'd have to flog the Chubster first anyway..
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited January 2014
    OK, stupid question, does it have to be a head only? Koch Twintone II combo?
  • Well, shit.

I'd have bought that if you were a month earlier! Picked up a Mesa instead! :\
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    Marshal tsl601 combo?
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • Pics now added.

Thanks for the offers and PMs . PMs now replied to.

@Richardj - The Koch looks interesting but I really don't know much about them so I'll do a little more digging.

@mrn1989 - Unfortunately I don't find the TSL range that inspiring. Sorry

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Well, shit.

Which Mesa? 
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    That's ok mate. If you don't have the Koch I might be interested in it
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Is this still for sale?

How hard is it to keep it quiet (ish)? is it like fenders where you get nothing then everything all at once?
  • All Koch amps are fantastic quality and sound great. Have owned Twintone 1 and 2 and also a Powetone head and cab.

backup service from Dolf Koch is outstanding.

• @ash96 the volume is nice and gradual around the dial. No harsh jumps or micro movement needed to set it how you want it.
  • Deijavoo;149975" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

Well, shit.

Which Mesa? 
    Express 5:25 combo, it's staying now though! ;)
    dhaywood67;150492" said:
    @ash96 the volume is nice and gradual around the dial. No harsh jumps or micro movement needed to set it how you want it.
    Where are you based? Very tempted by this as I'm looking for a change of amp from my hot rod deluxe.

I'm guessing this will be an alright upgrade from that?
  • I'll be honest I've never played a hot rod deluxe and amps, like guitars, are a personal taste so i cannot really say if it is a good upgrade for you. The cleans on the clubster are very fendery and where this amp really shines. The lead channel is not marshally/british enough for me and this is what I play most. I could stick a pedal in front to get that sound but I suupose but I don't want to.

I'm based in north notts near jct 27 of the M1. Shipping could be an option.
    edited February 2014
    I think you need (obviously no self interest here!) my Koch.  Classic EL34 tones, very clean, crunchy and roaring.  The reason I have become less keen on it is that is just lacking the more Fender-y tone that I seem to prefer nowadays.
    Self promotion and advertising ends!
    Let me know how much shipping will be, Super interested. to be honest, all I really need is fender cleans, thats why my HRD has been alright lately, but it would be nice to have a slightly better drive channel as a backup if my pedalboard either dies, or I want to take a consolidated rig to some of the small club/pub gigs I do!
  • @richardj - aren't you based in France? How much is shipping likely to be?

@ash96 - pm'd
    @ the £30 mark using Interparcel. I've just done a swap with Camf (hope he doesn't mind me mentioning him) and all is well. Also done easy trades with Hymnal and Darrenp with no hassles. As long as the packaging is good the couriering is easy.
  • bump

Lots of initial interest but nothing confirmed