Active pickup battery life

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
So, I've acquired a Charvel model4, which has active pick ups (which, incidentally are awesome), but how long (roughly) should a battery last with them?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have no experience with these pickups but most actives last for ages, just make sure you take a spare to any gigs. 
  • They last a looong time, just make sure you don't leave a lead plugged into your guitar overnight etc as this will drain them a lot more quickly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Not quite the same, but I had an acoustic once with an active eq/tuner etc. that took the usual 9v job..

I actually forgot that it had a battery in it. It was used quite a bit plugged in too.. I reckon the battery lasted about 4 years (!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Cheers, the last actives I had were shite, so got replaced with DiMarzio's.
     I've not actually used them for a long time.

@BloodEagle yeah, I unplug after every time I play. I've made that mistake with pedals before.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    edited February 2017
    The last time I changed my EMG equipped guitar battery was about 3 years ago and that guitar does about 90 gigs a year so in my experience no often 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Duracell or Energiser will last so long you'll forget it even takes batteries.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Danny1969 said:
    The last time I changed my EMG equipped guitar battery was about 3 years ago and that guitar does about 90 gigs a year so in my experience no often 

This is very pleasing to hear.

• BigKevBigKev Frets: 10
    Vigier with EMG's depending how much you use but you should get a good year from a decent battery.
  • Depends on the pickup. Regular EMG humbuckers are 3000h per pickup, or 1500h for a 2 pickup guitar. 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    In my esp explorer theres a couple of emg pups. An 81 and a 60. New duracell went in when I bought it, a year and a half later its still going strong. On average its had about maybe 40mins a day over the year plugged in. Some days not played, others for hours.. so average I guess of 40mins ish. 

Theyre 'on' whenever you plug the lead into the jack socket. So like others have said only plug in when youre playing amped, to get the maximum life! 

I was dubious when I first got actives. Thought It would be like 9v pedal life span!! How very wrong I was.. 

The most economic battery reliant thing i've ever owned! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...