Crinson Guitars

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
in Guitar tFB Trader
Bumped into Nigel Crinson at the show and had a good chat - Whilst nothing concrete at this stage Nigel is seriously  looking at the option of running again with his fine handbuilt replica's - Nothing concrete yet, so watch this space
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Weight might be an issue if they were concrete.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    ennspek said:
    Weight might be an issue if they were concrete.
    yep - okay - bad choice of words but surely it could be chambered concrete - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    That's good news. They were, by all accounts stunning, hence why Fender were very quick to shut him down before...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    That's good news. They were, by all accounts stunning, hence why Fender were very quick to shut him down before...
    I recall selling 2/3 in the past as new guitars and maybe another 2 or 3 used since then - certainly very credible - IMHO it is hard to say they better than a good C/Shop Nocaster, but certainly they will give 'em a good run for the money - never had a problem selling them - even with the slight tweak to the headstock shape - and no Fender logo's either
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I actually thought this was Crimson guitars for a minute. Took me a wee while to distinguish between n and m!
    tFB Trader
    rico said:
    I actually thought this was Crimson guitars for a minute. Took me a wee while to distinguish between n and m!
    I thought likewise when I first saw Crimson - thinking Nigel was back with Crinson
  • I owned a crimson..... One of the best guitars I ever owned, a total tone monster,..... Totally hollow body with a floyd rose! Madness! 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Crinson built violins originally, didn't he? Had an Esquire of his some years back. Had that handbuilt vibe going on, he cut the necks and bodies himself....unlike the new wave of boutique 'builders' who import these pretty much complete , finish them off themselves and then charge £3k for a Tele. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    Crinson built violins originally, didn't he? Had an Esquire of his some years back. Had that handbuilt vibe going on, he cut the necks and bodies himself....unlike the new wave of boutique 'builders' who import these pretty much complete , finish them off themselves and then charge £3k for a Tele. 
    correct about violin building and workshop

I spoke to him about this yesterday and the 'ready cut' Warmouth style format - he told me apart from a couple of very early models with Warmouth necks, all his other guitars he built from the ground up - no pre-cut blanks at all
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    correct about violin building and workshop

I spoke to him about this yesterday and the 'ready cut' Warmouth style format - he told me apart from a couple of very early models with Warmouth necks, all his other guitars he built from the ground up - no pre-cut blanks at all
    I tried an early one which was obviously an Allparts TMO FAT neck, I think his 'premium' priced guitars were all scratch built. I know his aged finishes were quite impressive. Will be interesting to see what materialises.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Haha madness, didnt Ben Crowe of Crimson also start out making Violins?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...