Micro octave recommendations?

BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
Looking for something that does a half decent approximation of an Octavia.

Are you experienced with such a pedal? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Octave or Octavia?
  • Not too bothered. I find at gigging volume the inclusion of fuzz is neither here nor there.

I currently use an Octron, which I love, and that's not a true Octavia clone.

But it is too big for the mini board I'm putting together for venues with floor space issues.

Main issue is a pedal that will track reasonably well at ovtave up on the neck p/up of a Strat.
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    I've been looking for the same and the best I could find was the Catalinbread ottava magus mini.
    Unfortunately I can only find it used in the US.
  • Jota said:
    I've been looking for the same and the best I could find was the Catalinbread ottava magus mini.
    Unfortunately I can only find it used in the US.
    I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip. I like the Catalinbread Octopussy, so that sounds promising. 
  • The Tone City Fuxx Fuzz seems to be Fox Tone Machine inspired. It might be worth checking out, especially if you're on a budget.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    What about a green ringer type pedal in front of your favourite fuzz? Available in kit form and a pretty simple build, or I'm sure there are some ready made examples available.
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
    I'd recommend the Henretta Purple Octave... love it!
    This looks pretty good. Thanks for the heads up. 
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    If you haven't got one sorted yet it could be worth getting in touch with Michael from Hudson Electronics.  I had one of these germanium octave up pedals built for me.  It's similar to the EQD Tentacle but in a smaller enclosure.

Like all analogue octave up pedals it tracks pretty well on single notes - especially further up around the 12th fret and using your neck pickup. Double stops and chords can be pretty chaotic but fun and on your bridge pickup sitar-ish. Stick a fuzz before it if you want the octave subtle or place it before the fuzz to make the octave really stand out.

Sorry about the lame name, Octazer, that was something I suggested as a joke and it then stuck!
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9686
    Those look too cool
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic