EastEnders or Coronation Street, which do you DESPISE more ?

What's Hot
My choice, EastEnders is the biggest pile of shite on UK television.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Haven't watched either in about 25 yrs is Ethel and little Willy still in EastfackinEnders?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Haven't watched either in about 25 yrs is Ethel and little Willy still in EastfackinEnders?
    Both have long since shuffled off this mortal coil, I'm afraid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched Eastenders regularly for a while but, about twenty years ago, I came back off a fortnight's holiday and put it on and couldn't believe I was watching such crap. Not watched a whole episode of either since. 
    Although, TBH, it hasn't stopped me watching crap on telly. Or on YouTube these days. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Has that gobshite who plays Ian Beale in EastEnders appeared in any other show since EE first aired in 1985 ?  Another Ken Barlowe in the making , yaaaaaaawwn
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited February 2017
    I rarely watch tv. But have just watched the Oscars and that was the best ever IMO.
    Funny, Moving, Crazy, Sensational, Must Watch.....
    No view on soaps I am afraid.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Don't watch soaps, haven't seen any for years. I think the last one I saw was Coronation Street when Deidre was the Weatherfield One. Some time in the 90s ??
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I don't watch either of them or any other soap opera, never will.

Why are they called soap operas anyway, are they about people singing in the shower?
  • yes.
  • Haven't watched EE since the late 90's and they all looked the same back then.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• How many of your wives watch those two piles of tosh, mine watches both of them.
  • Mine watches both. Its a good thing though as it reminds me i have better things to do with my time....like bitch about it on here.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited February 2017
    I'd have to say Eastenders. I feel sorry for the gobshites who invest their time in that, or any other soap for that matter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    How many of your wives watch those two piles of tosh, mine watches both of them.
    All of my wives do!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    Don't watch soaps, haven't seen any for years. I think the last one I saw was Coronation Street when Deidre was the Weatherfield One. Some time in the 90s ??
    I visited the prison ( HMP Styal)where they filmed some of that, although I never saw the show. My rellies in Stockport were quite impressed though as they were ardent Corrie watchers.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • My missus is watching broadchurch now, I've got the headphones in and am listening to Leicester beating Liverpool 3-1 at the moment. When it comes to telly, sport is pretty much all I watch.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Eastenders is non stop dreary bad news. Corrie everybody sounds like they have just done a half marathon. It always amuses me how someone can go missing in weatherfield, they literally have five locations!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • I hate Eastenders more, but Corrie is almost as bad. At least Corrie was good once.

• The lack of laser weaponry, zombies, spaceships or dragons preclude either from being on my TV watching schedule.

I did watch Neighbours for a while in the 80's though.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Don't watch either but the missus watches EastEnders and I don't believe for one minute that there can be anything on TV even half as appalling. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11675
    I saw one episode of Eastenders that impressed me, and it was basically a one character episode focussing on Dot Cotton losing her mind due to having to care for her husband with dementia.

An experienced actress acting well, with a reasonable script and an important issue, it worked.

Most of the time its soft tedious family drama, soft tedious crime drama, melodramatic tosh.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...