EastEnders or Coronation Street, which do you DESPISE more ?

What's Hot

Comments

• I find there is some clunge to ogle in both so don't have a problem with with either  =)

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    They are evil.  Non-stop aggro, fighting, arguing, bitching, passive-aggression, deceit and criminality.  A daily hypnotic mindwash of all of the worst qualities humanity has, but masquerading as real life - pumped directly into millions of living rooms.

Don't tell me it has no effect on society and behavioural patterns.  I truly believe the world would be transformed - seriously - if soaps and tabloid/gutter press were banned.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I don't like soaps.

Why are the people in the soaps never watching the soaps?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    East Enders .. it has Danny Dyer in it ... shite

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3435
    If when either of them broadcasts through space to an alien planet the recipients will think ''fuck that, lets not be going there'', my other half watches them both, I cant fucking stand either of them.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    Emp_Fab said:
    They are evil.  Non-stop aggro, fighting, arguing, bitching, passive-aggression, deceit and criminality.  A daily hypnotic mindwash of all of the worst qualities humanity has, but masquerading as real life - pumped directly into millions of living rooms.

Don't tell me it has no effect on society and behavioural patterns.  I truly believe the world would be transformed - seriously - if soaps and tabloid/gutter press were banned.

Lets not forget consumerism and capitalism. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22713
    edited February 2017
    I have been a regular viewer of both in the past, but gave up on all the soaps many years ago when they went from 2 to 3 to 4 nights a week - it was too much.

I think Coronation Street was always the better programme, it had the comedy element with the likes of Mavis & Derek, Reg & Curly. Jack & Vera, Norris Cole and so on.  I don't know if it still has that aspect, although it's funny to see how a young kid like Steve McDonald has turned into a middle-aged bloke and is still there hanging around.

Eastenders was always fucking miserable and humourless.  It's completely unrealistic too - all that "look after my stall for an hour" nonsense, murderous kids and people losing a pub on a game of cards.  What a load of shite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Eastenders is a relentlessly miserable pile of shit. If I was forced to I'd take Corrie but I hate the soaps. I make a point of doing something else if she wants to watch them.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Eastenders is diabolical and seems to have been stuck in a time warp for the past 20 years. Rinse and repeat plots of new family moves in, aggro, domestic violence, the inevitable fire, and someone leaves the Square in a taxi.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    proggy said:

Why are they called soap operas anyway, are they about people singing in the shower?
    The first ones were sponsored by soap powder manufacturers in the US

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_opera

• Philly_Q said:
    I have been a regular viewer of both in the past, but gave up on all the soaps many years ago when they went from 2 to 3 to 4 nights a week - it was too much.

I think Coronation Street was always the better programme, it had the comedy element with the likes of Mavis & Derek, Reg & Curly. Jack & Vera, Norris Cole and so on.  I don't know if it still has that aspect, although it's funny to see how a young kid like Steve McDonald has turned into a middle-aged bloke and is still there hanging around.

Eastenders was always fucking miserable and humourless.  It's completely unrealistic too - all that "look after my stall for an hour" nonsense, murderous kids and people losing a pub on a game of cards.  What a load of shite.
    In real life wouldn't the " oy !!! Would ya look after ma stall for an hour ? " Be met with " Faaaaaak aff ya cah !! ", Londoners aren't known for their good Samaritan instinct.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Philly_Q said:

In real life wouldn't the " oy !!! Would ya look after ma stall for an hour ? " Be met with " Faaaaaak aff ya cah !! ", Londoners aren't known for their good Samaritan instinct.
    Because every single Londoner is a selfish bastard with not a shred of sympathy of course. Sigh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22713
    edited February 2017
    Philly_Q said:

That wasn't really why it pissed me off so much, it was more the idea that Big Ron or Winston - or often just random family members or passers-by - supposedly knew the prices on every stall and would be perfectly capable of handling all the cash etc while Alfie or Pete or whoever fucked off and did something else for a couple of hours.  It's a minor thing... but it's such utter nonsense. 

• I don't watch either but can I offer a 3rd even worse alternative.  Dating programmes like Love Island.  My missus often watches them, but never tells me when a new show is coming on or that it's 3 hours a night for the next 3 months. Or that the most annoying bunch of twats in the world will invade my living room indefinitely.  
    How the fuck can market stall minders in London who seemingly don't work afford to sit in the pub all day? Have you seen the price of a pint in London?
  • What about in the Vic when someone plays the old Joanna and the entire bar knows all the words. Such total pish I tell ya, if someone played the piano in a local bar the punters would most likely ignore it and then beat the crap out of the guy playing it.
    And why does Phil speak like he has just had his tonsils removed and is having an asthma attack all at the same time? 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    None of you lot watch Emmerdale either then huh?

Good.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    Never watched either of them but Eastenders takes it for having such a shit theme tune. Coronation Street's is at least tolerable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12294
    Has Phil Mitchell still got a boat race as red as a babooon's arse? And is that twat Bealey still sleeping rough?
    Image result for phil mitchell red face
    Image result for ian beale tramp

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom