Elixir Optiweb

What's Hot
DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
A new string coming out soon apparently. I read the description but it didn't really tell me much about them. Has anyone tried them yet or know when they're released?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886

According to Elixir they're released today.

Blurb says they feel like uncoated strings but last as long as the coated Elixirs do.

https://www.elixirstrings.com/guitar-strings/electric-nickel-plated-steel-optiweb-coating

• TimberGTimberG Frets: 50
    Spoke to the Elixir guy at the guitar show and he has said they are the same as the nano web strings but with thinner coating making them feel uncoated.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    I must be the only one in the world who likes the slipperiness of normal Elixir strings - I have them on all my guitars.

Although...I got a set of NYXLs at the show, which are going on my main guitar when the Red Lace Sensor I just bought turns up...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    So Optiweb is to Nanoweb as Nanoweb was to Polyweb. 

I like the Nanowebs. Interested to give these new ones a try.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886

Although...I got a set of NYXLs at the show, which are going on my main guitar when the Red Lace Sensor I just bought turns up...
    The NYXLs split opinion on here last time they were discussed. I've got some on my semihollow and really like them---bit expensive though, I think I'll probably stick with the regular EXLs at 1/3 of the price...

The NYXLs split opinion on here last time they were discussed. I've got some on my semihollow and really like them---bit expensive though, I think I'll probably stick with the regular EXLs at 1/3 of the price...
    They're still around the same price as Elixirs, so I'm cool with that. I doubt they'll last as long, though, which I'm less cool with; they'll have to sound and feel spectacular for me to consider moving across to them.
    <space for hire>
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    They kindly sent me a set to try. Going to make my usual D'Addarios last the weekend gigs, then I'll put them on. 

Hoping they're good. I tend to corrode strings fairly fast, especially in the summer, but don't really enjoy Nanos. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132

They're still around the same price as Elixirs, so I'm cool with that. I doubt they'll last as long, though, which I'm less cool with; they'll have to sound and feel spectacular for me to consider moving across to them.

I haven't tried the NYXLs, but the regular XLs with the EXP coating don't last as long as Elixirs. I don't really understand what the difference is meant to be between the XLs and NYXLs.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    Using nanowebs 10-46 currently but find them a lot harder to bend than normal strings and I find the 9's feel too thin. Shame beceause they last me absolutely ages! Will try the optiwebs out once I've used up my 5 packs of d'addario XL 10's that I couldn't say no to for £20 from Mark at the guitar show haha! 
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    Great news - Elixir are a lifesaver for me. Very happy to see they're still doing R&D. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader

I haven't tried the NYXLs, but the regular XLs with the EXP coating don't last as long as Elixirs. I don't really understand what the difference is meant to be between the XLs and NYXLs.
    There's a massive difference, I don't want to hijack the thread and take anything away from it so feel free to PM me or check out nyxlstory.com

I've not tried the Elixirs yet. I don't like the feel or coated strings but these optiweb look quite promising, as far as I'm aware just an extra thin material that they couldn't achieve a few years ago.Looking forward to trying them.

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Any idea if they're bringing these out for acoustic? Nanoweb Phospher Bronze are my go-to string at the moment. Stay nice and bright for at least 3 months. 
  • I'll give these a go but I've yet to find Elixirs I like.  Fingers crossed because it would be a lot cheaper in the long run.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    @digitalscream you're not the only one who likes the feel of coated strings. I hate demoing guitars with uncoated strings as I find myself thinking far too much about how the strings feel crap
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    @stickyfiddle - hallelujah! Preach, brother!
    <space for hire>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    :D :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I must be the only one in the world who likes the slipperiness of normal Elixir strings - I have them on all my guitars.

no, i like them too.
  • DanDan Frets: 440
    Ive got Elixirs on all my guitars now, really do like them so interested in these.
    jakzek said:
    Using nanowebs 10-46 currently but find them a lot harder to bend than normal strings and I find the 9's feel too thin. Shame beceause they last me absolutely ages! Will try the optiwebs out once I've used up my 5 packs of d'addario XL 10's that I couldn't say no to for £20 from Mark at the guitar show haha! 
    I found this a little bit. It almost like they are 9.5 / 10.5 etc.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884

no, I love Elixirs, I fit them to everything, and I have a drawer full with years worth of them
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Are the next set they make going to be ribbed for her pleasure??
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom