Tosin Abasi

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
in Technique tFB Trader
Just watched this masterclass by Tosin Abasi 

He was someone I'd heard of but never really listened to. I can't say much of what I've seen is going to filter into my playing but wow!

His use of looping, weird accenting and polyrhythms is just staggering. It's tempting to say in the world of technical guitar that it's all been done before, but he was doing some stuff that just bent my head. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    Yeah but it sounds shit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Thanks monquixote, I am going to enjoy this, he is an amazing player with a very different approach.

The video is set up in another window to view later when I have some time (spare time - what's that !?!) to sit and digest, so I am looking forward to that, cheers   :)

• Yep, the conclusion I've always come to watching him play is that he's kind of like an alien version of Fred Brum. The stuff he comes up with is just as brain-bending as Guthrie, but in a totally different way.

The middle section on "thumping" is very interesting, but I know full-well that I'm just not built in a way that I could integrate it into my playing.
    <space for hire>
  • He is very impressive, some serious skill there. That Slapping technique was out of this world and as accurate as a Metronome.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Saw them supporting Meshuggah last year, really impressive player, pulled it all off live too.

And it's awesome to see someone playing heavy music with a big grin on their face!
  • Cant stand his playing, pointless widdle-wank with a hat nod to djent. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ