Well, that was silly! Reverb issues.

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
I've recently been on a quest to acquire a JTM45 and cab so have sold a lot of my top end pedals to do so. Amongst those pedals was my beloved Strymon Bluesky, now I've realised that leaves me completely without a reverb pedal, how the hell can I play some of my favourite Peter Green songs without reverb! Now, since sinking my money into an amp and cab fund I'm never going to afford the likes of a Strymon again so my question (finally) to you good chaps is, what is the best bang for bucks budget reverb out there? Say around the £50 used mark, it doesn't need bells and whistles it just needs to sound good so what would you suggest? Your help is as always greatly appreciated.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Hall of Fame Mini. 

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Secondand Boss FRV Fender reverb. Does one thing beautifully!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Yup, HOF mini. Although a little bit more will get you an excellent Polara.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    Polara is very good but closer to £80.

The Boss RV-5 and RV-6 also sound good to my ears. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5138
    Line 6 M5? You'd probably have to top up your GAS fund a little for a used one (I paid £60 for mine), but that'll get you all the reverbs that are in the Verbzilla, plus the thoroughly weird Particle reverb.

On top of that, you get a bunch of very useable modulation effects and some pretty nice delays.  It's also got a variety of EQs, compressors and an intelligent harmonizer that tracks pretty well (and can harmonize in various scales, not just major and minor) if you're in to that sort of thing. You might even get some mileage out of the perfectly adequate dirt sounds (probably just for stuff you only need occasionally) and the batshit crazy contents of the filter section. 

Or if you want a nice, really cheap option I have a Behringer RV-600 (Verbzilla clone) I don't need that you can have for £25.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72317
    dogload said:
    Secondand Boss FRV Fender reverb. Does one thing beautifully!
    For vintage-sounding reverb this is the right answer.

I had one at the same time I was servicing a genuine 1964 Fender reverb unit, and the Boss was so close it was scary. The main differences were that the old Fender was a lot noisier, and the Boss didn't make that wonderful deafening splash when you shake it. Apart from that, basically the same sound.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    @zepp76 I have a HoF Mini for sale, if you decide to go that route - £50 posted?

R.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I was going to say the Digitech Hardwire reverb, apparently basically the same tech as the Polara and was good enough for Gary Moore ( so, by extension, might be suited for your Peter Green moments). However, you'd have to turn one up used now but that should be in your price range.
    You can still pick up a new Marshall Reflector for under £40, they seem to have fans.
    The Malekko Spring Chicken is very, err, springy.About £150 new but they turn up used much cheaper. You need the second version, the one with the dwell knob on the side as the first version had noise issues.
    Otherwise the Boss Fender FRV1 is the standard spring in a box ; it's the go to option for surf players unless they've got a real tank or something more boutique. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    The Hof mini is a good shout as are any of the Zoom multi-stomps (MS70CDR, MS50g, MS100-bt) The MS50 would be the cheapest used. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Thank you for the replies, there's a few to think about although the Boss Fender FRV-1 has me intrigued, not sure I'll find one for £50 though.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    zepp76 said:
    Thank you for the replies, there's a few to think about although the Boss Fender FRV-1 has me intrigued, not sure I'll find one for £50 though.

GuitarGuitar have them new for £85 with free shipping just on a quick google. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    I picked up a Marshall Reflector from Fair Deal for about £32, it's pretty nice and a bargain at that price.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    edited March 2017
    Marshall Reflector circa £50-58 - seriously under-rated pedals, built like a tank, 6 reverb options with time, damping, and level controls, plus you can control via an external expression pedal if you wanted to.  It also has two outputs allowing you to choose between spillover or non-spillover.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited March 2017
    Oh no, there isn't going to be another wanted ad in the classifieds 6 months is there  I am of course kidding and glad you got your 45 :)

I can recommend the HOF mini into a JTM45, particularly with the JD Simo setting, works fantastically well, have a watch of his demo on youtube. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    @zepp76 there's an FRV-1 on a local facebook page for 50 quid at the moment if you want me to investigate for you, It's in Newcastle (I think)
    edited March 2017
    photek said:
    Oh no, there isn't going to be another wanted ad in the classifieds 6 months is there  I am of course kidding and glad you got your 45

I can recommend the HOF mini into a JTM45, particularly with the JD Simo setting, works fantastically well, have a watch of his demo on youtube. 
    @photek No, I still haven't got a JTM45 still looking and trying to obtain one! It would help if the geezer on eBay would answer my messages.

dogload said: @zepp76 there's an FRV-1 on a local facebook page for 50 quid at the moment if you want me to investigate for you, It's in Newcastle (I think)

Thanks for the offer but I'm starting to think the HOF mini may be the way to go especially with the JD Simo patch, it's very tempting!

robinbowes said: http://www.tcelectronic.com/hall-of-fame-mini-reverb-toneprints/hall-of-fame-mini-reverb-jd-simo-simoverb/

@robinbowes  we'll that's sealed it for me, I love Simo's music I think he sounds very Greeny in that clip, a great bit of reverb. I'm sold.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    @zepp76 - shall I box it up for you? I can even pre-install the SimoVerb Toneprint for you :)

R.
    edited March 2017
    @zepp76 - shall I box it up for you? I can even pre-install the SimoVerb Toneprint for you

R.
    @robinbowes ;Yes go on then please I'll take it. It would be a great help if you pre-installed the Toneprint for me thank you.

Let me know your payment details and I'll get it sorted.