Bass Bridge Issue - Ibanez SR 305

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
Ok, this is wired.

I have an Ibanez SR 305 - 4 years old. Yesterday I came to recod some bass parts for a new track and two of the strings had come out of the bridge. not broken, just sort of pulled through. I wondered if my daughter had played with the tuning heads so restrung.

As I approached tension, the strings popped out. The strings are sort of hooked into the bridge. I'm worried that the metal of the bridge is too soft and now the hole has got bigger..

Here is a stock pic of the bridge:

Anyone else had issues? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bummer.

Only skim read that thread but looks like you might be able to contact Ibanez about a replacement (post 16). Though I guess better to contact the EU department if you can find their contact details.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Bummer.

Only skim read that thread but looks like you might be able to contact Ibanez about a replacement (post 16). Though I guess better to contact the EU department if you can find their contact details.
    Yeah, I think there is a specific swiss disti, who I will contact once I have SN and photos etc.Swiss are not known for customer service though and the shop I bought it from has since gone bankrupt, so  failing that I will contact Ibanez directly. I purchased the bass in roughly the right time frame, so it could well be a faulty model. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    good news - the Swiss distributor are going to replace free of charge :) all it took was a photo and the SN...
    Always nice when you get good customer service - well done Ibanez and their dealer network.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    good news - the Swiss distributor are going to replace free of charge :) all it took was a photo and the SN...
    Always nice when you get good customer service - well done Ibanez and their dealer network.
    That's great to hear. Might be a shoddy bit of hardware, but in my mind everyone makes mistakes and if they put it right without hassle then karma is restored!!