NAD.... Multiamp!

What's Hot
New Rig Day today... I got this a week or so ago, but it's finally mounted up. As some of you may know, I'm in love with my big amps, and nothing will ever replace those! I've not found that I like the Kemper, but a friend who works for DV Mark brought along some toys for me to play with, and I ended up settling on the Stereo Multiamp for Functions, IEM gigs, and anything that requires a more compact setup! It can be used as a normal amp into a cab, or straight to PA.

First impressions are that it's the Kemper/Helix for those who want to just crack on and play, and who get lost when given too much choice, like me! I prefer it tonally and on feel to the Kempers I've tried (M Britt profiles), and I've set up the footswitch as if it's a normal pedalboard, so I can turn on and off individual effects. All racked up with a wireless receiver for Guitar and Transmitter for IEMs, and all I need to do at a gig is plug it in and turn on two bodypacks. We'll see how things progress, as it's an uncomfortable world for me, but I'll aim to do a review when I've put it through its paces! It doesn't seem to be one of the trendy options but I'd suggest giving it a look if you are in the market for such a thing! 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Cool!! Keep us posted 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I really need to dig into my Multiamp more, there's some great tones in there. I'm clueless with midi so started using a Deluxe Reverb and a board but would love to get my Multiamp sorted and set up properly.

Looking forward to your updates.
    Are you on the Multiamp Forum and FB page ?
    #thebatesmotelband
  • Hey @BGG I am indeed.... The biggest problem with this, and all others like it I find, is that it's too easy to make something sound terrible! Great when you get it right, but quickly you can be a few steps away from a great sound with no idea how to get back!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26574
    I really wanted to try one of these at the guitar show, but after five minutes of trying to get their guys' attention on their stand and being soundly ignored while they noodled at insane volumes, I gave up.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    I really wanted to try one of these at the guitar show, but after five minutes of trying to get their guys' attention on their stand and being soundly ignored while they noodled at insane volumes, I gave up.
    I heard bad stuff about Tokai too, honestly I'm glad I didn't go.

OP that looks sweet, any sound clips?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • I really wanted to try one of these at the guitar show, but after five minutes of trying to get their guys' attention on their stand and being soundly ignored while they noodled at insane volumes, I gave up.

Laney stand was the worst by far

• I really wanted to try one of these at the guitar show, but after five minutes of trying to get their guys' attention on their stand and being soundly ignored while they noodled at insane volumes, I gave up.

Laney stand was the worst by far

I'll take your Laney stand and raise you a Simms LED stand for most unnecessary noise at the show...
  • So... as of the back end of last week, I was getting pretty angry with the Multiamp. I seem to suffer from severe option paralysis, which rears it's head whenever I get too deep into anything modelling or profiling, or even a delay pedal with a few settings ;) I was deterred to get something to match up closely to my usual direct tone of Divided by 13FTR 37 into Torpedo live, no mean feat. I kept getting nearly there, then managing to mess it up, and then deciding I wanted to use a different amp model, and it went round and round. 

Fast forward to Saturdays wedding, a good few hours drive away, where I walked in with a gig bag and the rack, switched my IEM and Guitar wireless packs on, and was pretty delighted with the sound I had all night! Still work to do to really get an understanding, and I haven't played with the final EQ stage yet, but I cannot complain, and never had to even thinking about what I was missing all night! The Matchless model was the one I settled on for the moment, though no doubt this will change a few times!
  • SpikeedogSpikeedog Frets: 43
    I like the look of the DV Mulit-amp so keep us posted.