What's Hot
duotoneduotone Frets: 982
Just a heads up, BBC2 tonight at 8pm.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    Cool I'll give it a watch. 

I lost interest in the Grand Tour after a couple of episodes as it seemed to be a 1970's sitcom rather than a car show.

The BBC Top Gear did show promise in some of the sections that didn't involve Chris Evans so hopefully they will have got it right this time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    The Grand Tour certainly improved over the series. Still needed to fast forward through the American and I think they figured out their track wasn't that picturesque so it seemed to feature less over time. 

Ill give Top Gear a go with Matt at the helm but if the format hasn't changed I'll be disappointed. I never want to see 'star in a shit car' ever again.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

I lost interest in the Grand Tour after a couple of episodes as it seemed to be a 1970's sitcom rather than a car show.

The BBC Top Gear did show promise in some of the sections that didn't involve Chris Evans so hopefully they will have got it right this time.
    Pretty much spot on with my feelings, just lost interest in the grand tour, it was somehow less than the sum of its parts.

I think Top Gear will be a lot less self-conscious without Evans and it has far less to prove this time.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    I'm looking forward to new TG. They've confirmed no more rallycross car, which combined with more Harris & Reid can only be a good thing. I liked the old star in shit car but the good thing about that was the shit-ness of it, which was completely lost in the rallycross segment. Not to mention the painful comparisons of guests' car driving history.

It feels like they've realised they can stop trying to just make old TG with new people and start working to find what works best with the chemistry of the new guys they'll be great. 

The Grand Tour got a lot better after a shaky couple of eps. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    All a bit Meh. I like May, Clarkson & Hammond but to be honest I was never a car fan. I used to catch old Top Gear occasionally, but I have no interest in the same stuff with different presenters. Grand Tour is a no go as I don't have Amazon and I'm not interested in getting it.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467

Exactly my feelings.

I'm secretly hoping Jenson Button becomes part of the TG crew.
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    dindude said:

Pretty much spot on with my feelings, just lost interest in the grand tour, it was somehow less than the sum of its parts.

I think Top Gear will be a lot less self-conscious without Evans and it has far less to prove this time.
    Totally agree with you both. 

The detractors of TG in its prime, always said that it was little more than 3 un-PC blokes messing about and blowing things up. Well, I feel that way about GT. There's just something missing with it and I can't put my finger on whatever it is.

I look forward to the new TG without that shouty ginger numpty though... I think Matt LeBlanc is a decent presenter.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4627
    The best GT was the special in the breach buggy.
    in fact I think they would be better off with an entirely new show based on 3 Middle Aged blokes attempting really hard things.
    in fact I think they would be better off with an entirely new show based on 3 Middle Aged blokes attempting really hard things.
    That would be great. It's always best when they're trying to achieve *something* rather than just reviewing cars in sillier and sillier ways. 
    tFB Trader
    That would be great. It's always best when they're trying to achieve *something* rather than just reviewing cars in sillier and sillier ways. 
    I think you might be right. 

The best thing GT could do would be acknowledge that the show isn't about cars and just do various challenges and journeys that may or may not be car related as they are the only good bits.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626

The best thing GT could do would be acknowledge that the show isn't about cars and just do various challenges and journeys that may or may not be car related as they are the only good bits.
    Wouldn't it just turn into "Last of the Summer Wine"?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Is Sabine still in it?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 414
    Is Sabine still in it?
    She is down as a guest presenter now .
      They should have ditched Leblanc  and had her as a main presenter with Chris(Harris)  and Rory .   
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Alvin said:
    Is Sabine still in it?
    She is down as a guest presenter now .
      They should have ditched Leblanc  and had her as a main presenter with Chris(Harris)  and Rory .   
    Nah. As much as she's a great personality and fantastic driver she's not a great TV presenter
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1232

The detractors of TG in its prime, always said that it was little more than 3 un-PC blokes messing about and blowing things up. Well, I feel that way about GT. There's just something missing with it and I can't put my finger on whatever it is.

I'd say the problem with GT, was it was trying too hard to not just be TG under a different name.

GT certainly did improve over the series, but there were still a few bits where I thought, why the f**k have they included this?

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited March 2017
    Well compared to GT this is really flat and forced. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited March 2017
    Let's face it the programme is past its sell by, in reality it was towards the latter days of Clarkson et al.

That American bloke (whoever he is) does nothing for me, in fact he gets on my nerves.

The whole format needs a rethink...

We are all Chameleons...
    tFB Trader
    ennspek said:

Wouldn't it just turn into "Last of the Summer Wine"?

You mean it hasn't already?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    A new set and having the guest star on for half the show doesn't alter the fact this is crap telly....

The show needs to end - the Clarkson/Hammond/May incarnation gave us some genuinely memorable television. This is a parody of what they did - regardless of what some may think of the old team - they were capable of genuine wit. Without that, the tiredness of the format is all the more obvious....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Spot on /\