Top Gear - New series BBC2

What's Hot

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1591
    It felt very scripted.

The GT86 is also a good choice for the celeb track thing, nice to see them make changes.

On a plus... I worked at Baikonur many years ago and really enjoyed the Kazak segment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    It was a step up on the Evans version.  The GT86 is a massive improvement on the rally cross rubbish.  Given it's a bit faster than the old reasonably priced car, it might even make for some spectacular spins etc.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    That was a lot of meh in my opinion and i think that chris harris guy is a big mistake
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Saw around 30mins of it in the end. I wasn't that impressed tbh. Out of the 3 presenters I prefer Rory Reid. 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    That was a lot of meh in my opinion and i think that chris harris guy is a big mistake
    That's funny because in my opinion Chris Harris is the strongest of the lot... and he can properly drive too. I wish they'd ditched Matt Leblanc.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Chris Harris would be the reason that most people will switch off, he comes across as the mouthy git you find in a pub that gets louder with every pint .
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7826
    edited March 2017
    Chris Harris is excellent when he's alone behind the wheel of a fast car. He makes that kind of driving look effortless, and presents superbly. He's not so good in the studio. Rory is like a Labrador puppy, over eager and excitable....a little irritating. He's the Hammond of the group.  
    LeBlanc is the more comfortable of the three, and my favourite, though, they have no chemistry yet. That's what they needs to work on most.  
    Guest spot was far too long, it's not a chat show.  Hate the bench sofas, they divide the presenters from the audience too much. 
    Better than the last series, but Grand Tour kicked its ass. 
    I think they should give Top Gear a five year break, and kill all the repeats on 'Dave'.   Give people time to miss it, and get excited about it again.  
    Format is very tired now. 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    While the PC arseholes like Danny Cohen will try amd defend their actions, they lost the state about a billion pounds. They should stop pretending that the show works without Clarkson. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    I actually thought it was quite good.

The studio bits were shit, but the features were all entertaining.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited March 2017
    The star in a reasonably priced car in the clarkson top gear was just dreadful and i cant believe they havent ditched it. I can watch matt and rory but chris is a monumental switch off for me.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Didn't really feel the chemistry. The American dude needs a Ross and Chandler to play off.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    It's never been the same since Vicki Butler-Henderson left. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 984
    It was a lot better than the Evans led version.  WIthout the history of the previous trio of nitwits, we'd probably be saying it was quite good.

Much as I agree that Harris is an egotistical twat and Rory is indeed an excited puppy - that has the start of a sparring partner relationship which could work.  LeBlanc was merely present.  If it wants to be a character/bloke/humour thing they only need to change Matt.

As entertainment, all the guff about the supercars need to go, but then, we all have fast forwards nowadays don't we?

Ultimately, it's like an average old TG.  Not as good as the new GT.  But better than Hawaii five O on a sunday (though less easy on the eye).

Either way we have two (almost) bloke TV shows now when we used to barely have one.  That's probably a good thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4627
    Chris is obviously not comfortable in front of an audience, where as Matt and Rory are.
    i like Matt and can see him and Rory becoming a good team but Matt needs to become a little less smooth and professional 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    Somehow it made The Voice seem appealing.....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Wow.  It was shit.  I cant understand why the producers haven't taken the opportunity to change the format.    Clarkson,May and Hammond are making the jokey lads pissing around show over on Amazon and thats due in a large part to the relationship they have build over many years.  The BBC seem to think that can be replaced by dropping in a former TV star and a couple of unknowns.  Its not working and its painfully obvious.  The only good thing to say is that Evens is no longer in it.

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I thought it was a big improvement on the last series. Chemistry not quite there yet but certainly seems possible given time. Yes a few scripted/forces bits but also some genuinely funny bits. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    If Tony Blackburn come come back to the Beeb endlessly, then.....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    If Tony Blackburn come come back to the Beeb endlessly, then.....
    Amazon pay more money.  Don't see Clarkson coming back.  Also, there was content on the Grand Tour that they would never have got away with on the BBC.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    Watching while working - i'm halfway through and it's already significantly better than any of last season. 

I have high hopes for the rest of the series.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires