Eq pedals: how did I manage without?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    Steve Stevens has a new pedal from rocket and it's a Klon with a graphic eq 

The Rockaway Archer is an overdrive EQ all in one. The Rockaway Archer was developed for legendary guitarist Steve Stevens as an all in one solution to Steve’s overdrive and EQ needs.

Rockaway Archer features:

• Six band graphic EQ
    • Volume and gain knobs
    • I/O jacks at the head of the pedal
    • 9V DC operation with standard – tip and + sleeve
    • Approximately 4” x 2.50” in size

The settings include Up to 18dB of cut or boost at 6 different frequencies. Each frequency is increased by pushing its corresponding slider up on the pedal or decreased by pushing them down. This also adds or decreases volume. It is a great way to hit the front end of an amp harder than a stock Archer. The Rockaway Archer has an incredible variety of sounds due to the multitude of ways the EQ section can be used!

I particularly approve of the advanced butt plug logo; this means I can sell the idea to Alistair under false pretence.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Steve Stevens has a new pedal from rocket and it's a Klon with a graphic eq 

The Rockaway Archer is an overdrive EQ all in one. The Rockaway Archer was developed for legendary guitarist Steve Stevens as an all in one solution to Steve’s overdrive and EQ needs.

• Six band graphic EQ
    • Volume and gain knobs

The settings include Up to 18dB of cut or boost at 6 different frequencies. Each frequency is increased by pushing its corresponding slider up on the pedal or decreased by pushing them down. This also adds or decreases volume. It is a great way to hit the front end of an amp harder than a stock Archer. The Rockaway Archer has an incredible variety of sounds due to the multitude of ways the EQ section can be used!

Ooo I wonder if that cures the nasty ratty sound of a klon into a clean amp. 

I'd love to see this but with a rat, or a ds-1 or maybe an mxr dist iii. That'd be brilliant - no idea if it'd work. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    Don't forget the Dano Fish n Chips. I much prefer it to the Boss or mxr offerings - dead quiet. The small mxr in particular was incredibly noisy.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Defnitely one of the the most underrated effect you can get. There's an awesome Source Audio  EQ pedal that can have presets  so you can bring in  radically different EQs with just the press of a button (or via midi).

That pedal looks awesome.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    edited March 2017
    Steve Stevens has a new pedal from rocket and it's a Klon with a graphic eq 

• Six band graphic EQ
    • Volume and gain knobs

So a Klon klone with a built-in 6-band EQ? I am very very interested in this. Release date?
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
    Is the eq pre or post on the rockaway?
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4528
    What a great idea.
  • Is the eq pre or post on the rockaway?
    I think it's post.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    A Rat with an eq like that would possibly be the ultimate drive pedal. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    JezWynd said:
    Don't forget the Dano Fish n Chips. I much prefer it to the Boss or mxr offerings - dead quiet. The small mxr in particular was incredibly noisy.
    Yup, I concur - the fish n chips is a good eq pedal. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited March 2017
    Anyone remember these, from the mid-/late-90s or thereabouts...

...Pre- and post-EQ for the drive section.  I had one, and while it had some really good sounds in it, remembering how to get to them was a bit of a pain in the bum.  
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    Voxman said:
    JezWynd said:
    Any idea how the dano switches and cases hold up long term? As it'd be more of an "always on" apart from solos I guess it wouldn't be too bad but they don't look very sturdy. Iirc you can get knob covers for danelectro as well to stop the sliders getting knocked?
    TTBZ said:
    Voxman said:
    JezWynd said:
    Any idea how the dano switches and cases hold up long term? As it'd be more of an "always on" apart from solos I guess it wouldn't be too bad but they don't look very sturdy. Iirc you can get knob covers for danelectro as well to stop the sliders getting knocked?
    They're pretty tough.  I don't have a fish n chips, but I do have a Behringer EQ700 which has a plastic case & is as tough as old boots.  Switching and slider controls are faultless albeit the slider 'feel' isn't quite as 'tight' as my GE-7, but it does exactly the same job.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited March 2017
    I have that Behringer as well and you're right the plastic is pretty solid, I used mine for loads of gigs. The switch on mine has gone a bit temperamental now though, doesn't always turn on/off on the first press.
  • Anyone remember these, from the mid-/late-90s or thereabouts...

...Pre- and post-EQ for the drive section.  I had one, and while it had some really good sounds in it, remembering how to get to them was a bit of a pain in the bum.  

Oh wow, want! 
  • Anyone remember these, from the mid-/late-90s or thereabouts...

Oh wow, want! 
    The drive sounds are so dangerous, it's got handrails!!!
  • TTBZ said:
    Voxman said:
    JezWynd said:
    Ive had my fish n chips for years and it's still going strong.  Although I've now got a Source audio eq on my gigging board, I won't get rid of the Dano, it's a great little pedal IMO. In fact, I sort of prefer the sound from the Dano but the presets on the Source Audio are too useful (and the reason I got it!).
    TTBZ said:
    I have that Behringer as well and you're right the plastic is pretty solid, I used mine for loads of gigs. The switch on mine has gone a bit temperamental now though, doesn't always turn on/off on the first press.
    Open up the battery area and just adjust the spring..ie pull it a bit to make it springier.  That'll sort it.
  • DanchiDanchi Frets: 25
    Anyone remember these, from the mid-/late-90s or thereabouts...

I've got one of those!  And the compressor version!! Haven't used them in ages. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Defnitely one of the the most underrated effect you can get. There's an awesome Source Audio  EQ pedal that can have presets  so you can bring in  radically different EQs with just the press of a button (or via midi).
    I wonder if it can be connected to any midi switcher?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/