pedal stack

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
edited March 2017 in FX

is there a pedal that gets much love for "warming up"  a favourite OD pedal?

a pedal for placing after the main OD....

PS no klones

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

I always stack 2 OD's, well I do for solos anyway. But not necessarily to warm it up, more for extra volume and gain for that monster solo I'm doing at the time. Often i'll have an OD-3 as my crunchy rhythm sound (or a Dano Transparent Overdrive) then stack it with a Tube screamer type....extra gain and volume aplenty and my guitar then goes from crunchy rhythm to screaming rawk lead toanz.

Stacking OD's is the way! Often say a Blues Driver type (more trebly and scooped) with a more middy one like a TS....

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Maybe the Catalinbread SFT? Although ostensibly a bass overdrive, plenty of people like it on guitar, and I found it warms things up nicely.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • I know it gets much love for stacking but I could never get on with my TC Electronic mini spark. Much prefer exotic EP booster at the top or bottom of a stack
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9527
    I know it gets much love for stacking but I could never get on with my TC Electronic mini spark. Much prefer exotic EP booster at the top or bottom of a stack
    ep booster for me too 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Boss GE-7?
  • I have a Crowther Hotcake (Bluesberry version) that stacks really well, either before or after another drive.

Looking for £120 + P&P if interested?