Show me your furniture used for music gear!

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
So I'm doing up my spare room where my music stuff is and trying to get a unit to use for setting up my music stuff so it's all plugged it and ready to, but can also have the door shut on it. My favourite one so far would be the Ikea Sundvik baby changing table which has an excellent extending shelf for fx and/or my keyboard:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/sundvik-changing-table-chest-of-drawers-white__0249871_pe388186_s4.jpg

However I thought I'd ask here for photos and or details of what you guys have done to make your home set up more organised and less visually annoying to she-who-must-be-obeyed?

Are there any well thought out hacks of other furniture to use like this?

Thanks
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a Marshall 4 x 12 as a TV stand ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Etsy shelves for pedals and made.com Brass Apothocory chest for cables psus strings etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    edited March 2017

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7336
    edited March 2017
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    So I'm doing up my spare room where my music stuff is and trying to get a unit to use for setting up my music stuff so it's all plugged it and ready to, but can also have the door shut on it. My favourite one so far would be the Ikea Sundvik baby changing table which has an excellent extending shelf for fx and/or my keyboard:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/sundvik-changing-table-chest-of-drawers-white__0249871_pe388186_s4.jpg

However I thought I'd ask here for photos and or details of what you guys have done to make your home set up more organised and less visually annoying to she-who-must-be-obeyed?

Are there any well thought out hacks of other furniture to use like this?

Thanks
    Is putting a baby changing table in the spare room not sending out a message? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vairishvairish Frets: 51
    If you are setting up a recording setup in your spare room, I would highly recommend an IKEA Bekant desk:

It has a decent enough cable management system which keeps everything looking nice and clean.

Another thing I put together last week was this side table/bookshelf made out of old Champagne bottle crates:

My GF loves this and it has plenty of room to store effects pedals, cables etc.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    John Lewis Rubberwood Side Table is a perfect stand for a 1x12 Combo.
    The pale wood looks great against the tweed.

Apologies for not posting a pic.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
    Thanks fellas keep them coming, is very interesting to see what people are doing, seems a good way to get everything ready to plug and play so just want to make sure I come up with the best option.

The room I am doing is quite small, this is the other problem, hence the liking for the tall but compact unit above. The floor space available (i'm excluding an alcove that houses a wardrobe) is 206cm (W) x 280cm (L), but it also needs to house a cupboard Unit I already have, and an extra chest of drawers for clothing storage. Therefore I've essentially got two walls to put stuff against, as one 206cm wall is the wardrobe and one 280cm wall has a radiator on it.

The idea would be to have my keyboard and preamps on the top two shelves depending on what is more comfortable to play the keys, then fx pedals on the middle open shelf. Monitors are on the window ledge so all good there. Two drawers are bonus storage for whatever.

@vairish I did consider a desk but floor/wall length space is at a premium and i don't have 140cm of spare wall unfortunately. I did think of the cable thing though and the baby unit has openings on the top sections to pass cables through, would probably just need to drill a few holes in the middle open shelf. Everything would then just be a case of turning the power on and plugging the guitar in to play.

@Cabicular like it, one of my other thoughts was to put a bookshelf unit on top of a chest of drawers to hold the pedals and preamps, not wall mounted as the window would be there but I do like the look of yours. 

@erictheweary I've told the missus it's a sideboard for record players :)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
    Skipped said:
    John Lewis Rubberwood Side Table is a perfect stand for a 1x12 Combo.
    The pale wood looks great against the tweed.

Apologies for not posting a pic.
    Cheers I might look in there if I can bear the smugness of the one in Brum, though I can't play through an amp at home so not after anything for that purpose specifically
  • vairishvairish Frets: 51
    I don't know if this will be any use to you. You could probably put a sliding shelf in it: http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/04/expedit-turned-into-a-guitar-amp-enclosure.html
  • Good thread, I'm liking some of the ideas so far and will be stealing some ideas hopefully ;)

Thats a really nice set up @vairish ; :)
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Cheers I might look in there if I can bear the smugness of the one in Brum, though I can't play through an amp at home so not after anything for that purpose specifically
    I can't find it on the website. :s
    Damn. I should have bought 2.

Rubberwood was like.....everywhere.....3 or 4 years ago.

• I had a similar idea a few years ago: cabs etc that converted into furniture. Firstly, ease of storage when you're not gigging, and secondly: think how cool your stage would look with a load of armchairs and tables as a backline :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    edited March 2017
    http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b525/spark240v/IMG_0417_zpshzki3nye.jpg

I made the shelves from Plywood with a bit of felt stuff on the top, I got an offcut worktop from local kitchen place, then made the rack unit from MDF for about £15. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
    edited March 2017
    Ah, my hilarious visual joke failed to post because the mobile version of this site is pish.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • moogie72moogie72 Frets: 77
    I'd love to post a pic, of tables I make out of aluminium scaffold and solid wood. Done some very nice looking bespoke builds for music gear, friends studios and colleges 

although would be shameless adversities 

oh i still haven't worked out how to put a single pic in a post!
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 661

I made a desk and storage from old reclaimed wood and conduit piping........cost me nothing     apart from a few hours of my time.

I can't work out how to put photos into a post either !

• DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    I am still pleased with my dyed wooden top that clips onto my keyboard stand.  Great to have that extra space that can be taken down if needed :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited March 2017
    @vairish what computer monitor is that?

Lovely clean simple setup you have.