my unique Pedal board with a very special NPD 4114 flux capacitor

What's Hot
StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
edited March 2017 in FX
HI all, 
I have never been a huge fx guy so its not a huge board but it has everything I need, but I like non run of the mill stuff (hence my daft TFB name) 

I am a  bit of a back to the future fan so turned this BTTF2 promotional hover board into a pedal board, its made of plastic so used some plastic runners on the bottom to stiffen it up,
I have had the Korg tuner since 1994, Digidelay and tone driver for donkeys and the m5 for a good while so im not a serial changer, however.
Today as a thanks for helping my friend run the Bristol Guitar Show (on April the 30th ...be there!)  He gave me a @4114Effects  V1 Flux capacitor Delay, this thing is mental, warm analog Delay with insane oscillation, its definitely going to be staying! 
the capacitor pulses, and the plutonium VU responds to your picking....what a work of art!

http://i.imgur.com/GCdLkqj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yGNFHFK.jpg
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4528
    5 pedals, 3 delays. Clever!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Wow. Good to see a V1 still going strong. A couple of those have sold for a lot more than I sold them originally so it's a lovely gift! I'm not using that circuit anymore, so there are only around 75 of those in existence. I've gone digital now as people were asking for longer delay times. Plus the chips are harder to get hold of decent ones.

Great board too, might buy one myself. :-) 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    @DesVegas you can never have enough delay lol, 

@4114Effects wow only 75, I have no issue with the delay time, it's such a nice sounding pedal, to boot, a real treat lol. 
    I have  seen one or two promo hover board on ebay but the originals seem to be harder to come by,...... I think the board and pedal are kind if made for eachother! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Great looking board! You could ditch the tuner now that you've got the M5 though ;)
    Great looking board! You could ditch the tuner now that you've got the M5 though ;)

Yeah certainly could, only prob is I have had it on my board for so long, it's more habit than anything else! 
  • Delay before distortion....mentalist
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Delay before distortion....mentalist
    It's the only way
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5136
    Yeah, and the delays. And the distortions.

Actually, maybe not the distortions.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Not a delay fan then @english_bob  :D
    edited March 2017
    Not a delay fan then @english_bob  D

I love delay. Just that the M5 can probably get you in the ballpark of what the Digidelay and the Flux Capacitor can do.

Ha. Funnily enough, delay is the one thing I *don't* use my M5 for.

The prob with the M5 is you can only really use one effect at the time, plus it doesn't  do oscillating, I use it mainly for the mad effects :) it's a bloody great pedal tho! @english_bob ;
    I'm pretty sure it does do self oscillation, perhaps not in all modes. I have a DD-500 as my main delay which has Boss' clicky incremental delay time knob that's great for really fine control of delay times and shit for spaceship noises so I was keen to find out if the M5 could cover that stuff, which it can.

I agree though, only having one effect available at a time does limit it to only being part of a larger pedalboard. I'm looking forward to trying mine out with an expression pedal. 

• The prob with the M5 is you can only really use one effect at the time, plus it doesn't  do oscillating, I use it mainly for the mad effects :) it's a bloody great pedal tho! @english_bob ;

The low fi (which is awesome), tape modes (also awesome, dry thru or not) and analogue iirc all oscillate. I'd control it with an expression pedal.