Friedman guitars.

What's Hot
DanRDanR Frets: 1041
Anybody on here got or spent any decent length of time with one.

A dealer near me is going to start stocking them and I've been toying with ordering one over past few days.

All the demos sound good, the people on TGP seem to talk highly of them and seeing as Grover Jackson has a hand in them I'm guessing they are going to be good.

Just wondered if a more sensible forum had any experience with them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    i'd like to play one too, the P90 Vintage T sounds fantastic on a few demos i've seen

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    All the demos I've heard of them have sounded great, that's for sure.
  • Well if Grover can't build a decent Floyd guitar..... I do like the Tele with the hb ....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    I spent a few hours playing them in GG Epsom and then a couple at Andertons recently. Liked them all, and of the 5/6 I tried, I found 2 that whilst also being good I connected with. Almost bought one as well.
    playabilty and sound was top notch but didnt really like the look of the t style guitars and the large scratch plate.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I don't like the way the humbucker models look, too much space between the pickup and the edge of the pickguard. 
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I've been looking at the three different layouts but I like the look of them all so it's hard to decide.

The only one I'm less keen on is the blade selector on top horn but I do prefer the single vol/tone look.

https://imgur.com/a/gIiOh
  • I really like the look of the off white so-cal model. Not seen any in stock anywhere yet through only the tele style which I don't like 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    I've played the white one that Andertons have, when trying out modellers. Lovely thing it is too.
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/VINT-T-ARVTH/solid-body-electric-guitars/friedman-vintage-t-guitar-vintage-white

I have a Fender Shiflett tele and the Friedman is similar configuration (i.e. tele deluxe with regular humbuckers)
    Perhaps not surprisingly it is much better in all areas - craftmanship, tone, playability etc. I loved it.

Weirdest thing was the first 20 seconds or so playing it. I thought, "Hang on, I've played a guitar like this before somewhere". Then I made the connection - it felt somehow like a late 80's Jackson Soloist. I think it was the finish on the neck. Later on I found out that Grover Jackson had a hand in making them and the penny dropped.

If I had 2k to drop an a guitar this would definitely be on the list. But so would a Gibson 335. Tough call.

GJ2 Hellhound may be worth a look too?

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I had a GJ2 Arête, that was a very nice guitar.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Yeah, Mr Jackson definitely has some magic fairy dust.....

Go on, buy a Friedman. I for one will be very jealous!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    i'd like to play one too, the P90 Vintage T sounds fantastic on a few demos i've seen
    I tried one through a Runt 20 at the Birmingham show.  In a word: Wow!  
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    uncledick said:
    I tried one through a Runt 20 at the Birmingham show.  In a word: Wow!  
    Me too, thought the heavy relic'd pink one was incredible. Have been seriously considering getting one.

I'm a big fan of P90s and although that one was good it was the bucker one that REALLY stood out.
  • Resale on GJ's is terFriedman logo
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life