NAD: Carr Rambler

What's Hot
DanDan Frets: 441
Recently got a Carr Rambler in a swap deal involving my Fargen Dual Classic.

First time I got to try it properly as the missus was out and so was the neighbours. First impressions, very good. Surprised how close I could get it to sound like the DR. Maybe a bit stiffer than the DR? Also I think its got the best EQ I have experienced in an amp. Impressively low noise floor too.

Has got the old Wizard speaker in which im not a great fan of but it will do until I can get another speaker or possibly an elsinore from Carr.

Best thing is, Ive managed to sneek it past the missus as the Fargen was cream too!

Fun Sat afternoon with these lot, sorry for photobucket.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited March 2017
    LOL don't ever think you've fooled them. It'll be thrust in your face when an appropriate time arises LOL

EDIT: glad to see that you still have my old sportsman :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • dcgdcg Frets: 230
    Speaking as a very happy recent convert to Carr (I have a Bloke), I can understand your enthusiasm for the Rambler, although of course know it is Entirely Different.  Great backline, BTW...   
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    Happy NAD, I had a guitar that was sneaked in & hidden under the spare bed (with my other empty cases) for a full year before my generally suspicious wife noticed it was a case with a 'different ' guitar in it. Good job she was in a good mood !
  • You think you've scored one there but have you been keeping tabs on shoes and handbags?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    @hotpickups Lol! Yep still got the Sportsman and it not going anywhere. Superb amp

Well thats the thing @jimification she has got that many handbags I havent got a bloody clue whats new or old!