SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Fender Jazzmaster Japan CAR plus upgrades

samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
edited March 2017 in Guitars £
So im desperate for a Les Paul and dont need 2 Jazzmasters so I'm looking to offload one of them, and the other has pretty big sentimental value so this is the one to go. 

Shes an early 2000's (probably) Crafted in Japan Candy Apple Red with matching headstock and white pickguard. 

Condition wise, it's quite good. A small chip in the headstock, and a few dings in the body, mostly on the back. 

Im looking in the ballpark of £680. There's one on eBay for £800 so I think that's fair. Trade value a bit higher. 

The listed price is for the guitar with entirely stock hardware and electronics, all sounding fantastic as these guitars do stock. However, you can probably see from the pics that it's currently loaded with a Mastery Vibrato unit, which I can offer for £125 extra. I use the trem a lot so I thought if there's anything I should upgrade it should be that. While the stock works just great, the mastery was definitely worth it for me in terms of arm placement, build quality and I prefer the slightly different feel of the sweep. Comes with white and silver UFO tips.

I can also offer a set of AV65 Fender USA pickups for £95 fitted, for a slightly more vintage Jazzmaster flavour. 

I also also also have a high quality Jazzmaster harness (orange drops, CTS pots, vintage braided wiring) in a unique dual volume, dual tone configuration and series/parallel switch in place of the rhythm circuit for big, fat dark tones, which can be be switched back to classic lead Jazzmaster circuit with just the flick of a switch. You can also do the les Paul kill switch thing by turning one pickup volume right down and using the selector switch. If I haven't explained that very well, just drop me a message and I'll try and do better! Would be willing to install it and wire it up for £60, or £40 with the pickups. 

Id like to trade this for a Les Paul, preferably an older standard plus some cash from me, however I'd be more than happy to sell too (I have my eye on a Kauer). Other Les Paul's definitely considered. 

EDIT: Would also be interested in small cleanish amps, Princeton/deluxe etc. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom