Inverter cable confusion

57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
edited February 2014 in FX
I have a Soundlab Pedal Power  AC block to power my few pedos which delivers only centre neg polarity. However one pedal I have is Positive centre. I thought a polarity inverter like in the link would do the job but have read all sorts conflicting gen  - any experience??

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 467
    what conflicting info did you read?

i have used a polarity converter for centre pos pedals and it was fine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    one nuggett I was given was:

"The polarity inverter cable will do the job, but, if the outputs on the power supply aren’t isolated you might find it causes the power supply to short."
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    57Deluxe said:
    one nuggett I was given was:

"The polarity inverter cable will do the job, but, if the outputs on the power supply aren’t isolated you might find it causes the power supply to short."
    That applies to positive *ground* pedals like vintage-style germanium fuzzes.

Positive-tip jacks on negative ground pedals (which is almost all modern pedals with positive-tip power supplies) will work fine. It's the pedal ground polarity that matters, not the jack polarity.

It's rare for any pedal not using vintage-type germanium transistors to be positive ground - although I think there may be one EH pedal that is, for some reason (although I could be wrong).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    edited February 2014

I never bothered with them for that very reason . 

Blackstar HT pedals I can live with but reversed polarity ? no thanks . Only takes one helpful busy body to screw up while your backs turned.

Flown the nest .