Fane crescendo speakers ?

BarneyBarney Frets: 614
Does anybody know what they are like and iff any good for guitar amp ...its just somebody local is selling one ..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30824
    edited March 2017
    Very very bright and detailed. Ridiculously bright.

if in good nick, metal cap, it's worth a lot of money.  (£300)

As an all round speaker, great with a Hiwatt, hopeless with a Marshall.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    Gassage said:
    Very very bright and detailed. Ridiculously bright.

if in good nick, metal cap, it's worth a lot of money.  (£300)

As an all round speaker, great with a Hiwatt, hopeless with a Marshall.
    Just wondering iff its any good for Dumble type amps  ...i have a omega modded hotrod deluxe im thinking of putting it in
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Very good speakers, Gassage describes the tone pretty well although maybe a bit harshly :).

Just be careful with the power ratings - Fane are nowhere near as conservative and used to have a bad reputation for being easy to blow. Half the stated rating is safe, or maybe a little more.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

ICBM said:
    Very good speakers, Gassage describes the tone pretty well although maybe a bit harshly :).

Just be careful with the power ratings - Fane are nowhere near as conservative and used to have a bad reputation for being easy to blow. Half the stated rating is safe, or maybe a little more.
    Ok thanks ...i think its a 100 watts and will be going in a hotrod deluxe so should be ok ?
    Barney said:

Ok thanks ...i think its a 100 watts and will be going in a hotrod deluxe so should be ok ?
    Yes, should be fine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

ICBM said:
    Barney said:

Yes, should be fine.
    Iv just found out its a 16 ohm ...i take it i cant use it in the hotrod ?
    Barney said:

It's not ideal, but it shouldn't do any harm. If you haven't bought it yet I probably wouldn't though.

ICBM said:
    Barney said:

It's not ideal, but it shouldn't do any harm. If you haven't bought it yet I probably wouldn't though.
    Ok ..thanks ..no i havnt bought it :)