Marshall JMP advice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• danlptdanlpt Frets: 12
    For the time being i'll stick the other V30 back in until I can look into something else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Anybody got any time on a reissue, are they comparable, aside from getting a "real" one for less wedge? I 4 ink I remember @ICBM saying they were built as well as the old ones, but what about sound?
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    i've seen A/B videos with old JCM800 2203s and the re-issue and they are impossible to tell apart.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    I wish they did a 2204x rather than the 2203. 100w of marshall is is just too much for almost anyone. 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    TTBZ said:
    I wish they did a 2204x rather than the 2203. 100w of marshall is is just too much for almost anyone. 
    The Ceriatone 2204 is worth looking at. I can't get enough of mine. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    The 2202 looks cool as well but where the hell do you get them from in this country? 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    TTBZ said:
    The 2202 looks cool as well but where the hell do you get them from in this country? 
    There are some builders who either build the kits or stock them but I can't for the life of me remember who - I'll update this if/when I do.  Either that or order direct from Ceriatone if you can swallow the shipping costs...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    TTBZ said:
    It's totally baffling that they don't do both a 50W and a 20W version, given that there's no R&D cost, they have all the parts from other models now there's the mini-Jubilee, and it would be incredibly simple to make them. I would pretty much guarantee they would sell well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• danlptdanlpt Frets: 12
    ICBM said:
    TTBZ said:
    It's totally baffling that they don't do both a 50W and a 20W version, given that there's no R&D cost, they have all the parts from other models now there's the mini-Jubilee, and it would be incredibly simple to make them. I would pretty much guarantee they would sell well.
    I am surprised they haven't thought about a 20w 800. I agree I think it would sell well. The mini jubilee seems to have been somewhat of a success 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    danlpt said:
    I bet it sounds great through a proper marshall cab too. What's it loaded with?
    To be honesti have no idea. It belongs to thenstudio. Ant reckons its a bass cab. Sounds huge. Inrecord one set of rhythm guitar witb a mk 1 guvnor pushing it. Will go back and overdub with maybe a 78 badass. Tuned down to c with a les paul.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I'd have a 20w 800 in a heartbeat.