new orange crush 20 RT arrived with front grill pushed in ??

What's Hot
invasioninvasion Frets: 3
I have just taken delivery of a Orange Crush 20 RT. The way it was packaged has made the front woven grill cloth  become pushed in. I was wondering if anyone else has found this when they got new amp ? It is the way they package the power cable and plug that has caused it, and I was worried this may have damaged the speaker although unlikleyas as it is only mild, but  I don't think it should be this way, and wanted opinions on this...send it back or just keep it ?? anyone else had same problem 

cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    Now you know why they call them Crush.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • invasioninvasion Frets: 3
    Gassage said:
    Now you know why they call them Crush.
    I knew somone was going to say that Haha :)
  • If there's any lasting damage then contact the shop to negotiate either an exchange or a discount to keep it... if you've purchased new it shouldn't arrive with damage
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    If there's any lasting damage then contact the shop to negotiate either an exchange or a discount to keep it... if you've purchased new it shouldn't arrive with damage
    You are right. I will send it back for replacement. although the way it was packaged; if they are done same way I can see it happening again. I got this one from Amazon maybe they are a bit rough with them in warehouse which wouldn't of helped.

I am loving this amp though...I went for this as I am not a fan of modelling amps  This was just the ticket the sound to me is exactly what I was after, and no crap I won't ever use on it. The speaker does sound very good -to my ears- perfect amp apart from the grill...just my luck!
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    Always a possibility it was a return and repacked/sold and not how Orange would have shipped it out so would certainly give it a very close inspection before you decide next step...if new I'd go for replacement or decent freebie to keep it
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    Orange grille cloth does tend to be a bit saggy like that, but if it was clearly pushed in by being improperly packed, then complain and see what they say.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

bazxkr said:
    Always a possibility it was a return and repacked/sold and not how Orange would have shipped it out so would certainly give it a very close inspection before you decide next step...if new I'd go for replacement or decent freebie to keep it
    ICBM said:
    Orange grille cloth does tend to be a bit saggy like that, but if it was clearly pushed in by being improperly packed, then complain and see what they say.
    @Bazxkr I think it was a return to be honest. I would imagine, the power lead -that was in a cardboard holder- would of been packaged, at the back of the Amp form the factory. This had been slipped in the front, then in transit it was laid down on its front taking the full weight of the amp on the cloth grill with the power lead plug pushing on it.

It has been returned now for a refund. I won't use Amazon again for Amps as they package everything in the same manner. cheap cardboard box and a token piece of brown paper as packaging :(

@ICBM That probably explains why it was pushed in so easily. Although it was still a result of bad packaging and handling. You could of put the amp on its back, and had a bowl of rice crispies out of it - other cereals are available ;) my real concern was if it had damaged speaker in any way and if I ever wanted to sell it would put people off.

sent back now for a refund and I will get one form music shop instead.

My new crush 20 RT has arrived from Andertons. I am pleased to say, the grille cloth is nice and taut and without damage :)
    Very well packaged, they could teach Amazon a thing or two about sending amps out properly.