Bernie Marsden + PRS Himself at Andertons - this week for clinic

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
edited March 2017 in Guitar tFB Trader
I'm sure this will be great for some who can make it - An evening with Bernie and Paul - Andertons this Friday 17th March - Will there be any Guinness - looks like tickets are from Andertons and a fiver
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• And PRS himself at Wildwire guitars Selby 18/3
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    I'm sure this will be great for some who can make it - An evening with Bernie and Paul - Andertons this Friday 17th March - Will there be any Guinness - looks like tickets are from Andertons and a fiver
    All gone. Waitlist only
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    PRS at Bham PMT soon as well..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1558
    Seen these two do these sessions twice before. Paul will be in full salesman mode and go on about superior sustain and tone compared to every other brand which sometimes doesn't sit well...can get moody if challenged. Bernie will almost certainly be his normal amenable self, sprinkle in a few anecdotes and jam to some backing tracks. Worth a visit if you can, but I've never had to pay an entrance fee before.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I did think £5 was a bit steep to be sold to....
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    I think it is more to do with controlling numbers on the night - granted they could offer some form of refund voucher against strings/merchandising or whatever afterwards
    I think it is more to do with controlling numbers on the night - granted they could offer some form of refund voucher against strings/merchandising or whatever afterwards
    Would have been easier to do a 'sign up here and get a ticket for free - first x number get in' 

Just seems odd to me
    tFB Trader
    Would have been easier to do a 'sign up here and get a ticket for free - first x number get in' 

Just seems odd to me
    I think the fact that the appropriate stores with a PRS clinic have not posted it on FB is a statement of how big there own data base is and they will be able to 'sell out' without any issue - £5 to see a hugely influential builder, with immense knowledge, is dirt cheap in my view compared to many other 'nights out' that can cost far more - As usual the choice is down to your own desire to go or not - I only posted it as I thought it might be interest to certain FB members

Just seems odd to me
    I think the fact that the appropriate stores with a PRS clinic have not posted it on FB is a statement of how big there own data base is and they will be able to 'sell out' without any issue - £5 to see a hugely influential builder, with immense knowledge, is dirt cheap in my view compared to many other 'nights out' that can cost far more - As usual the choice is down to your own desire to go or not - I only posted it as I thought it might be interest to certain FB members
    Oh, don't get me wrong chap, you were right to post it - and I'm not saying it's not a good night out, I was more questioning why they chose to charge, when ordinarily shops don't for this kind of thing.
    tFB Trader

Just seems odd to me
    Oh, don't get me wrong chap, you were right to post it - and I'm not saying it's not a good night out, I was more questioning why they chose to charge, when ordinarily shops don't for this kind of thing.
    I think there is a tendency that if you offer a free ticket, people may or may not turn up - If you've paid £5 there is more intent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    When Andertons did a Gibson clinic with Larry Carlton they charged a fiver but you got a "free" set of strings when you went in. Shame PRS are too stingy for that!
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    When Andertons did a Gibson clinic with Larry Carlton they charged a fiver but you got a "free" set of strings when you went in. Shame PRS are too stingy for that!
    be rest assured that it is the dealer charging the £5 and not PRS - PRS will not be charging a fee for such an event and I'd be surprised if Bernie was charging a fee - granted they will be hoping for additional sales - but the £5 fee is charged by the dealer - They could easily arrange a string/merchandise promo if they wanted to
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377

Exactly. How much would we have given to spend an evening with Leo Fender back in the day? Only us Brits can moan so much about paying so little for so much. Whether you like his guitars or not, Paul kicked the guitar companies butts and raised the bar for guitar production in the 80's making the likes of Fender and Gibson take heed and follow. He's still doing it today. A true living innovator. Sure he's getting a bit tetchy with age if challenged, forty years in the job will do that to anyone. Had the pleasure of spending some quality time with him in the late 80's/early 90's when he was a UK guitar show regular, not only did he have a brilliant mind but he was a great listener too....now if he'd only bring David Grissom with him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Seen these two do these sessions twice before. Paul will be in full salesman mode and go on about superior sustain and tone compared to every other brand which sometimes doesn't sit well...can get moody if challenged. Bernie will almost certainly be his normal amenable self, sprinkle in a few anecdotes and jam to some backing tracks. Worth a visit if you can, but I've never had to pay an entrance fee before.
    Oddly enough I was watching some of the John Mayer interview at the PRS booth at NAMM and I thought Paul seemed a tetchy bugger, didn't really do anything but looked like he might.
    Bernie is a great entertainer, very warm chap.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    Whitecat said:
    be rest assured that it is the dealer charging the £5 and not PRS - PRS will not be charging a fee for such an event and I'd be surprised if Bernie was charging a fee - granted they will be hoping for additional sales - but the £5 fee is charged by the dealer - They could easily arrange a string/merchandise promo if they wanted to
    I don't doubt that, I imagine part of it is to cover venue hire as Andertons use a bigger room than most, but if they sell a few guitars on the night surely everyone benefits and the costs are moot...
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I went to one of these in Storehouse a few years ago. I'm not remotely into PRS guitars - a friend had a spare ticket and was kind enough to ask me - but it was actually really interesting and the guy is a good speaker. Also, Bernie did Here I Go Again with just him and a guitar, which was worth going for in itself.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Think I'd rather spend the night watching paint dry than listening to PRS.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    I enjoyed the Greg Koch but at Namm - PRS was waxing lyrical about the 'single coil' nature of his newest humbuckers, passed the guitar to Greg Koch... muddy mc mudfordshire!
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1558
    I went to one of these in Storehouse a few years ago. I'm not remotely into PRS guitars - a friend had a spare ticket and was kind enough to ask me - but it was actually really interesting and the guy is a good speaker. Also, Bernie did Here I Go Again with just him and a guitar, which was worth going for in itself.
    I was there too, and here is that performance...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    I saw Paul do one of these at Tone World about five years ago. He's an exceptionally engaging speaker and - in mass production terms - probably the greatest living guitar maker. If I were local to the event, I'd happily pay a fiver to attend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom