Flipping magnets on a Dimarzio FS-1 - is it possible?

What's Hot
I have a recent Dimarzio FS-1 single coil pickup, which i would like to use in the middle position in a Strat. It's a fairly hot pickup which I think might work well for me, as I like to drop the middle pickup low to stay out of the way of my flailing right hand. The only problem is that it isn't RWRP for hum cancelling in the mixed positions. It looks to be built on a plastic bobbin much like many Fender Mexican and pre-2012 American Standard pickups. I have previously pushed the magnets out of these Fender pickups and reversed them when I have needed to reverse the magnetic polarity. Am I right to assume I could do the same with the Dimarzio FS-1, or is the internal construction of the pickup different? Has anyone re-wound one of these, and can you confirm the nature of the bobbin? Are the magnets in contact with the windings or not? If anyone can shed light on this before I potentially trash a perfectly acceptable pickup, then that would be great!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I had some FS1s many years ago and wanted to do somefhing similar. The magnets did come out but not in partucularly good condition. Having said that I was young(ish) and used a persuation stick rather than trying to gently push them out in a drill press :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Buy a couple of neo magnets and recharge the magnets the other way around (and flip the output wires if required).

Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom