New synths day! (again...)

Made a small setup in a corner of the office.

(I always thought the JD-XI was a bit of a joke, but it's the most excellent get-your-idea-down thingy I've ever had. That sequencer is so easy to use, it's got just about every drum machine sample and ideas are quickly recorded and saved with the program. It has limitations but I can live with them.)
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lets hear something.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6138
    Good point. The whole idea of this was to finally finish some of the MIDI tracks I made waaaay back when all I had was a Yamaha XG module and Cakewalk.

The bit of space to the left is ready for a VS-2480... just as soon as I work out how that works, I'll be right on it!
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    How are you liking the Parva?
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6138
    Parva ... hmmm. Well, the tone is definitely there, but there's still a beta-testing feel to using it. The firmware is still number v0.6, etc, and there are some usability niggles (calibration and tuning). The manual doesn't fully document some very basic aspects (which led me to pestering the developer with a schoolboy-error misunderstanding on day 1).

In truth, I don't think it's ready for prime-time, but I'm only just getting to grips with it. A lot of customers are cutting the (one-man) developer a lot of slack, and I'm doing the same. An 8-voice multitimbral analogue with 3xVCOs, 4xEnv, 4xLFOs per voice is worth waiting for.
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    That's a shame - looks like a cool synth for the money. To be honest, I'm trying not to spend any more money on synths so it's probably a good thing that you aren't saying "it's great, rush out and buy one!"