Peavey on the telly

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
I've missed most of it but Undercover Boss USA on C4 is doing Peavey this morning. 
If you want to watch people with southern accents gluing boxes together this is the one to watch. 
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    I've missed most of it but Undercover Boss USA on C4 is doing Peavey this morning. 
    If you want to watch people with southern accents gluing boxes together this is the one to watch. 
    If I recall, Hartley doesn't do well in that. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    It's on 4seven tomorow at 13.00
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    There's usually some sort of big old Peavey bass/keyboard amp in the Central Perk coffee shop in Friends... should you wish to continue the theme.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I've seen this before and its well worth a watch. Doesn,t show Hartley off in a good light.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    edited March 2017
    Found it on YouTube to watch later..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11495
    tFB Trader
    Considering that most undercover bosses come up smelling of roses by the end of these shows, it amazed me how badly Hartley Peavey came off and especially the revelations at the end of the show and what happened next.

Didn't raise him up in anyone's estimation.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Considering that most undercover bosses come up smelling of roses by the end of these shows, it amazed me how badly Hartley Peavey came off and especially the revelations at the end of the show and what happened next.

Didn't raise him up in anyone's estimation.

It's quite uncomfortable viewing, right? 

I'd love to see a Gibson one, see how that compares. And a fender one - be interesting to see the USA factories and what it is we fund when we buy USA "because it's better". 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Had it on YouTube in the background this morning . It's a few years old and you don't get to see much stuff being made. Yeh, Hartley and his step son( ?) don't come across well. I've seen a couple of other episodes of this and they are basically long ads for the companies so to come across that badly took some effort.
    Although the oddest thing is that it turns out Hartley Peavey looks like Dawn French in a fake beard. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Recorded it to watch later.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    I watched the show yesterday and I found it very sad.

The undercover boss (Harvey Peavey's step son and COO) spoke to one woman had been at the Meridian plant for 24 years and another chap who had been homeless until he got a job at Peavey and was a really conscientious worker.

Anyway as usual the COO sat down at the end and distributed some largesse to the chosen workers and dissuaded one who was going to another job from leaving.

At the end it stated that 3 months later the plant was closed. :/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Collings said:
    I've seen this before and its well worth a watch. Doesn,t show Hartley off in a good light.
    I like Thresa, though! B)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.