PSA - singlecut '61 Epi Olympic

XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
Hi - a couple of yrs ago I was hunting for one of these or an SC Melody Maker - i had a 3/4 size MM for a while, it felt good, looked lovely, but it was too small all 'round for me.
MMs/Olympics with a slight issue or two came up quite regularly, but I was always outbid as I was on a strict budget. As recently as last autumn one went for about $800, but by that time I had my refin Junior and a homebrew '54 style LP, so wasn't gutted when I was outbid by $5...  Here's another one and I almost can't bear it. There was some tangential discussion of the Crestwood shaped Olympics this week, but couldn't find the thread.

Here's the auction - apologies if someone's trying to keep it quiet - ends in 5 hrs!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262889403911

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14039
    tFB Trader
    a potential great bottle neck guitar as well - with bigger strings and replacement nut (keep the old one of course - assuming it comes of cleanly)
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2394
    These things are always really tempting until you look at the import duties. Sigh.
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    Yup - it will be about 25% on top, not cheap, but a great deal for 56 yr old mahogany and braz rosewood etc if you can afford it. Light too, and only a tiny bit of routing to fit a P90 in there. There's always the option of asking the seller to declare a lower value too. ;)
    tFB Trader
    smnmy said:
    Yup - it will be about 25% on top, not cheap, but a great deal for 56 yr old mahogany and braz rosewood etc if you can afford it. Light too, and only a tiny bit of routing to fit a P90 in there. There's always the option of asking the seller to declare a lower value too. ;)
    it would require an Article 10 CITES to clear customs - both to exit USA and entry into the EU - easy enough to obtain - around £31 - but essential now on new imports of Brazilian 
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    edited March 2017
    it would require an Article 10 CITES to clear customs - both to exit USA and entry into the EU - easy enough to obtain - around £31 - but essential now on new imports of Brazilian 
    damn, what a pain! It's not that much, but bureaucratic crap nonetheless. I thought it was only required for large shipments, but haven't kept up with the reading...
    tFB Trader
    smnmy said:
    damn, what a pain! It's not that much, but bureaucratic crap nonetheless. I thought it was only required for large shipments, but haven't kept up with the reading...
    it is required on any brazilian rosewood now imported out of the USA and into the EU - you might get away with it but it might get impounded - customs office have a lot of power - Brz rosewood is now on appendix 1 the same as ivory