Fake Fender Custom Shop Necks....

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
I mentioned these very clever fakes a while back in another thread, they come from the U.S and as you can see look pretty real. The red stamp is a genuine Fender one and from the 90's, I saw it sell on ebay.com about 15 years ago and ever since these necks keep appearing. I think the seller has no idea and having done the whole contact thing so many times I am bored with it now so I won't be telling him. He has a 2008 body too which is for sale with coa and that looks legit although his Custom shop spec sheet is dated 2013.
Anyway here's the neck, complete with its one very telling error. If you spot it please don't post it because fakers watch these forums for info. I made that mistake previously and they corrected it on some of the later ones. Oh and before someone questions my info, the error was originally confirmed to me by Mike Eldred when he was in charge of the shop. :)

Look and take heed...dealers too as you wouldn't be the first to be caught out with one of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-2002-Rosewood-Custom-Shop-60-Stratocaster-Neck-Relic-/322454624618?hash=item4b13cb196a:g:GiwAAOSwB-1YyyGi
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments