Bogner 18w combo ?

stuagustuagu Frets: 334
anyone had any experience with one of these. .? Specifically the four position clean to dirty control and the lack of a tone control... restricting ? Thnx in advance . 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    The mojado?      I have one and at least a couple of other chaps here have had one in the past.  

Great little amp.  Silly loud for the wattage and size.    On its own it does variations on an edgy sound and not a lot else - it's a great sound but doesn't give a huge amount of variation.   
    I run pedals into mine or use the power amp input with an amplifire or ax8 and that works brilliantly imo.  
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I don,t have any experience of this particular amp but have a couple of Bogners including a Duende which has no eq on the lead channel and I have no problems. I think Bogner are quite good at voicing their amps so no dramatic changes on the eq is required.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Thnx chaps... really appreciate the comments 

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    edited March 2017
    I have a bogner New Yorker which does have a tone control, but, the tone control gives a subtle variation on tone, not massive. If you stick a BBE sonic stomp pedal in there that should sort any eq problems out. Gave mine a nice sparkle, total control over bass and treble.