Carr @ Mansons

What's Hot
firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 362
If anyone is looking for a used Carr they have a roomful at Mansons, Exeter. No Ramblers though I'm afraid.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I noticed that last time I was in. Hammerhead was one I recall..all black tolex finish as I recall 
  • There are 4 Carr amps on their website... but I have to say £1799 for a second hand Mercury is more than bit steep compared with other shops.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Norwegian_BlueNorwegian_Blue Frets: 462
    edited March 2017
    Mansons prices are generally a bit ridiculous... won't ever even match street price when you stand in the shop with cash! That Slant 6v has been there for years now...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the Hammerhead head was £899.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Manson's pricing is often optimistic, which is a shame as they must lose a ton of business. They've never been the same since the big move up the hill - I genuinely miss the little Rackhorse Lane shop.
  • simonk said:
    Manson's pricing is often optimistic, which is a shame as they must lose a ton of business. They've never been the same since the big move up the hill - I genuinely miss the little Rackhorse Lane shop.

Well... there's optimistic... and there's mega-optimistic.

I recently bought an immaculate, second hand Mercury from a well respected dealer.... the price was approx. a third less than Mansons are asking for theirs.

edited March 2017
    @Strat_a_tat_tat  I was being kind, optimistically.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    does anyone else find Mansons a bit rude, offhand and superior
    mgaw said:
    As I was trying to say above, it's not the shop it used to be...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonk said:
    @Strat_a_tat_tat  I was being kind, optimisticly.

LOL.

Yeah... I wasn't having a go at you! I was just adding a bit of real world info about pricing across different dealers.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Hugh's lovely and always has time for a chat, as is Dave. Jeremy is a great tech and very friendly but when Hugh's about they all like to be busy. The others can seem a bit aloof sometimes.
    I'm struggling to remember the last thing I bought from them though...I think it was a Fender Blues Junior when they were down at the old shop..They are so RETAIL it's unreal, and forget trade ins..I wonder sometimes how they sell anything  :s
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    mgaw said:
    Totally depends who serves you.  Some are really helpful and will set up various rigs for you to compare. Cheapest place in the country for a Boss RC30 recently - and they had stock.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    Some good staff in there. I got an R7 there. The main man seems like a tool though. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    /\ would defo agree with that my dealings with Mr Hugh Manson were bizzare,
  • I always find Hugh very nice to chat with. All the lads in the shop seem helpful and freindly enough. I did have one bazaar dealing when I wanted to return one of their Mansons own gig bags which had split within 12 months for a swap. I had the receipt but they couldn't find my purchase on their PC and there were a couple of minutes where I thought they were going to refuse my 12 month warranty rights......they didn't in the end but just no need for it. I don't know about the majority of guitarists but there is still a strange relationship between us and the guitar shop workers, that superiority (on their part) thing I suppose. Still makes me feel like a nervous teenager sometimes even though I've done 1000's of gigs and can afford anything they have in stock.